BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 106 ]  [ Total: 106 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Regal Owners
 Regal 3780/3880/4080 Clearance for Winter Storage
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Regal 3780/3880/4080 fuel selector valves Topic Next Topic: Regal 3780 Survey - UPDATE, purchased!  

ChefJunk

RO# 28882

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  06:47:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am hoping to put my new girl in her own heated storage unit. The one I used on my old boat is available. Looking for some advice on clearance.

This is my old boat and new boat, side by side:

My preferred storage unit has an 18' high door. The carver fir in with NO issues, Ton's of room to spare. This is the unit that is available to me this year.

The unit I had to get last year, only had a 14' door. The radar tower (not the arch) had to be taken down (loudhailer was OK). It slipped in, barely at 14'.

I was smart enough to get pictures of the boats side by side, but not smart enough to get a measurement to be exact. Both boats draft about the same. Based on these pictures, I think I am safe getting the 18' unit and will lost likely have to take down the radar array and tower on the regal. I am looking for some second opinions before I sign the lease.

For some reason, it is quite a bit cheaper to get your own unit (that has 24/7 access, is private, and I can sand the bottom) than use a marina's heated storage unit (that's packed in like sardines, very limited access, and you can't fart inside the building let alone solder a wire or two). I hope I can go this route again this year with the new boat, just looking for some opinions.

Thanks,

Jim

The boat will travel on a minderman so it is pretty low, we had plenty of clearance going down the road to the 18' unit, not so much to the 14' (I wouldn't go back to that one, even if it were free!).

Edited by - ChefJunk on Oct 04 2012 06:47:56

Homeport: Sandusky, OH

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  06:54:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new one is definitely taller.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Regal 3780/3880/4080 fuel selector valves Topic Next Topic: Regal 3780 Survey - UPDATE, purchased!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com