BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 100 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: mloustau ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Regal Owners
 Regal 3780/3880/4080 Waste Tank Vent?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: IPS Drives Topic Next Topic: Regal 3780/3880/4080 fuel selector valves  

ChefJunk

RO# 28882

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  10:04:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me where (assuming there is one) the waste tank vent cartridge is located? I have a head odor and am trying to troubleshoot (vaccuflush system).

Thanks,

Jim

Homeport: Sandusky, OH

RamSport47

RO# 28240

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  11:48:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quit poopin in the toilet...you're right by the marina bathroom! LOL. It should be at or near the holding tank, but I'm unsure where that would be. It may not even have one, but should being as new as it is.

Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag V-drives

Homeport: Cedar Point Marina, Ohio Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  11:50:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Behind the refrigerator. Pull it out, it's back there.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  11:51:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also consider direct ducting A/C unit.
I ran ducts from floor vents directly to A/C unit.
Otherwise A/C unit pulls bilge air which can be smelly.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  12:03:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim,

on your 2001 boat, Regal did not install a vent filter nor offer it as an option.
As CurrentSea stated, beginning in ~2004,Regal did place the filter between the stove and refrigerator.

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

Smooth seas never made a skillful mariner.

Homeport: Patchogue,NY Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  13:01:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, sorry, my bad, figured all years were the same.
When mine needs servicing, I am going to try to relocate it to make it more accessable.
If I still have the boat! :)

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  13:07:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No need to relocate the filter. Just cut an access door under the stove. Regal placed one there on my boat but is too small.

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  15:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where under stove?
Haven't touched my filter yet.
Is it by stove or fridge?
I think the panel under stove unscrews on my boat.
Perhaps I will look.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  15:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Storage cabinet under stove, right hand side, near the rear.
To gain access, simply remove refrigerator. Once removed you can sit in the space.

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

ChefJunk

RO# 28882

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  17:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input. I pulled the ice maker, gonna pull the cooler tonight just to check and will trace the vent line to install one.

It was wierd, have pumped out 5-6 timeS, never full or near. No odors up until this week. Only things that have happened we're I had a dozen people on it 2 nights ago, only 2 women used the head, gave thourogh instructions. I then pumped out yesterday afternoon.

Today, I woke up at 4 am with fowl odor, went home. Came back and could smell it 12 docks away. I pumped out, filled, and agitated several times. Dumped a new treatment in. Odor seems to be less, but still there. It's a sulfuric smell, not too poo smelling. When I went for the pumpout I sniffed the tank and it smelled fine. I did crawl around the ER and it seems concentrated in the stbd rear corner where the exhaust is. I thought a dead cat may have been there but that, unfortunately, was not the cause. I'm going to finish washing her down and attempt a night here again, will report in the morning!

Ken, while Cedar Point does a good job on their restrooms, I don't want to #2 in a public rest room lol. If I can't take care of nature on my boat, I don't want it lol. I may conceed if they were to start purchasing a upgraded toilet paper (from me maybe!). Are you still floating?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Jim

Homeport: Sandusky, OH Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  18:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try using ko or odorlos.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

ChefJunk

RO# 28882

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  19:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I noticed the smell was gone from cabin, and isolated to the engine room. I put "sulfur smell" in the boatered search and figured out I needed to look at my batteries.

Sure enough, my house battery had exploded. I thought I skimmed a rock on Sunday in the (skinny) bay. Apparently it was the battery. Fun day tomorrow cleaning up this mess! At least I can get to the batteries, unlike the majority of the sanitation system!

Jim

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  20:31:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The sanitation system is accessible if you have a death wish! :)

I changed mine to all PVC. A lot of work but VERY worth while.

Boats, yup, 5 of em...
WLC - We love Champlin's!

Homeport: Liberty Landing Marina, NJ Go to Top of Page

ChefJunk

RO# 28882

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  20:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rommer

The sanitation system is accessible if you have a death wish! :)

I changed mine to all PVC. A lot of work but VERY worth while.

I was thinking about you today when I was looking all around. There is no way in hell I would even attempt what you did! I am relieved to know it's not the head and don't think I need to do PVC as it ain't broke at the moment. Kudos to you though!

Jim

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  20:44:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The odor difference is like night and day!

Boats, yup, 5 of em...

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  20:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot to add, you'll know when it's time. Follow you nose. Everyone of our boats will need it after a few years of use. Too many low spots in the lines where waste collects.

Boats, yup, 5 of em...

ChefJunk

RO# 28882

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  21:26:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rommer

I forgot to add, you'll know when it's time. Follow you nose. Everyone of our boats will need it after a few years of use. Too many low spots in the lines where waste collects.

How did you get to the under side of the toilet? Seems to me there should have been a hatch in the galley floor, side stateroom floor, possibly head, and also in the main lower walk/companionway. There seems to be a lot of wasted space in some areas and NO access in others. (at 6'2" and 260, I managed to almost stand upright under the STBD (NOT port) step/vent area today).

Jim

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  21:41:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can gain access to under the toilet by first removing the bowl and funnel assembly. Next you need to remove the drawer assembly from under the forward bed. Trust me, there will be enough room in there for you if you really need to get in there!

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

RamSport47

RO# 28240

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  05:27:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still floating Jim, but I ran it back to Eastlake (Chagrin River) on Sunday. It was a nice ride! Took 3 hours which is normal for my boat. The waves were about 3 - 4 feet by the time I got there. Oh, we do #2 on our boat too...I totally understand about public toilets...especially the Famous Daves ones and that very thin toilet paper.

Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag V-drives

Homeport: Cedar Point Marina, Ohio Go to Top of Page

ChefJunk

RO# 28882

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  17:33:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great vacation week. I spent the last two days deep cleaning the engine room. Everything from the splatter under the engines to the layer of dirt on the rough fiberglass hull sides. The boat wasn't bad, but for 10 years old, there sure was a lot of dirt! I am anal about cleanliness and organization and the boat is up to my standards now and I am MUCH more familiar with the boat. I will be sore tomorrow as I was curled up on the outboard side of the engines at least half that time!

I neutralized the acid and took the box out and made sure everything was done right. New battery is installed.

I do have a question: The starter batteries are both 24 series sealed batteries. The 8d house was a wet battery. The charger seems to cycle on and off just fine. After exploring the mess after everything was neutralized, I noticed the 8d terminals had obviously gotten VERY hot before the battery exploded. The battery was installed in late 2009. Since the other batteries were fine, the charger should be able to be eliminated as the problem, no? The broker says the battery should not have been the problem that I should keep an eye on the charger. Thoughts?

Additionally, should I pursue the broker to cough up some dough for my battery and time since the purchase was so recent?

Also on that note.....It's my fault, but I did not put the canvas up and went by his comment that they never used it and it was like new. I assumed it was because the eisenglass over the aft sunpad was like brand new. Everything else is ho hum and needs a lot of loving and a every zipper needs replaced. I know it's a used boat, but looking for thoughts. He's a nice guy, but it was a large purchase for me, the largest ever in fact!

Thanks,

Jim

Previous Topic: IPS Drives Topic Next Topic: Regal 3780/3880/4080 fuel selector valves  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.48 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com