BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 141 ]  [ Total: 145 ]  [ Newest Member: gtex50 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 1988 Esprit 3370
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: velvet drive Topic Next Topic: 1997-1999 3575s questions/comments  

libertysailor

RO# 31501

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  17:13:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say hi and join the Cruisers Group.
How did everyone make out after SANDY?
afta

Homeport: NY

littlebookworm

RO# 27413

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  11:04:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the group. I'm beginning to have some 'suvivor's guilt' because we came through with, what appears to be, no real damage. I was just viewing some photos of AYC, and the devastation is unbelievable. At home, we lost power for two days, but are fine now. An entire string of high-voltage transmissison line poles, which run through our development, snapped like matchsticks. The wires, all dead now, are resting in the tree tops on our side of the street. The poles are resting at an angle acroos the street with two of them almost touching the ground. We're in medford and the boat's in Eastport. Where are you. and how did you fare? Hy PS. There are many more of u on the Cruisers Yacht Owners Forum. Google it.

Homeport: New Rochelle, NY Go to Top of Page

libertysailor

RO# 31501

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  18:19:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We faired fine at home and lost power for about 6 houes! my boat was at the AYC and is now about a mile away !
allot of outside figerglass damage, handrails etc. one bent rudder not sure at this point if the engines and transmissions were wet. We're in MT Sinai..... Neighbors!!

afta

Homeport: NY Go to Top of Page

littlebookworm

RO# 27413

Posted - Nov 04 2012 :  20:26:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afta: Sorry to hear about your boat's damage; hopefully all of it can be repaired. AYC looks like it's shot for now; I don't even know how they'll be able to open for next season. It's very depressing to see the hardship faced by the families who've lost their homes and all their possessions. Losing a boat is bad enough; losing everything is horrible. Our daughter and son-in-law and their family are up in New Rchelle. They just got their power back last night. They kept their boat at Mamaroneck Yacht Club. The club's bulkhead, dock office and sheds, and all their floating docks are gone. Even some of their dock poles were ripped out. The main dock had sliding rings around some poles and a heavy cruise-ship sized anchor chain connecting the dock to the boulders on shore. The chain was also ripped out and is gone. One 40+' cruiser grounded on the club's small beach, after ramming a few slipped sailboats. Another 40+' cruiser is missing and is either somewhere on the Sound, or has sunk, or has grounded somewhere. Their boat is presently stored in Conn. for the winter; don't know where they'll go in the spring. If your boat's repaired and you're looking for a marina, you could try Easport Marina. Nice marina and nice people. The only negative is that the bay is/was (?) rather shallow so you have to watch the channel. I don't know what the bay's like right now. Hy

Homeport: New Rochelle, NY Go to Top of Page

DogDaze

RO# 27009

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  11:20:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi libertysailor,

Sorry to hear about your damaged Cruisers Yacht... :( I know the entire area out your way had severe damage.. & our hearts still go out to those who lost everything... we also got hit pretty good here on Lake Erie.. and many boats that were still in were either sunk or sustained heavy damage... I know there is at least 1 Cruisers Inc.. (similar to yours) sitting on the hard now with a huge hole in the side.. I assume it was one of the ones that went down in the storm.. as they have several along w/it sitting right on the parking lot now.. a real mess for sure. - joe

Joe & Sheryl
The Great North Coast

1998 Cruisers Yachts 3575

Homeport: Cedar Point, Ohio Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: velvet drive Topic Next Topic: 1997-1999 3575s questions/comments  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com