BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 121 ]  [ Total: 126 ]  [ Newest Member: Robert Lamkin ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 Trojan 440 Upgrades, Fixes and Ideas
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: 2000 Trojan 440
Page: of 26

Starry Night

RO# 18025

Posted - Jun 27 2013 :  23:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allen,
Your boat should be set up with twin 30 amps or a single 50 amp. I have never heard of this boat comming with twin 50 amps. could they have changed the feeds? I have one single 50 amp and an 11kw gen set. The boat was also set up for the davit in the garage/lazerette and I have no issues with utilizing all my equipment.

Regarding your tachs, you will need to pick up a remote tach to allow you to see what the proper RPM are, then you should be able to adjust your tachs from the back of the guage.

Bob

Starry Night
2001 44' Trojan 440 Express Yacht
1985 21' Chris Craft Scorpion
2011 SeaDoo RXT 260 Jet Ski
1988 34' Carver Montego (Sold)

"Anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there." Captain Ron

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina and Yacht Club, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  05:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bob, I figured I will have to buy or borrow a remote Tach. I bought a Y adapter so I can hook to the 50 and run two 30's to the boat. I have another set of adapters then from the 30's into the boat 50's. I will show you this weekend. They must have planned to built a power plant on the boat :-) before I bought this boat I looked at 4 other Trojan's but non was with such set up.
The previously owner was so limited physically so he had ONE 30 running to the boat for the ac and battery changer. With adapter off course

GeeVeeBee

Edited by - Delivering Happiness on Jun 28 2013 06:03:07

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  07:00:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delivering Happiness

John what a great idea :-) sticker is being made as we speak. just heard from the shop office. the mechanic got the engines to 2600 but it wasn't full load so they are very comfortable that the engines would have been at 2750-2800 at WOT. They think my Tachs are off by 350-400 RPM. They suggest I should just try to calibrate the tachs and not replace them.

Was this at the dock, or did he measure them out on the water? The only way to check is to measure while you're running the boat.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  08:19:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike Isn't WOT at the dock?

Here is my theory. The covers over the switches say 30/125 but the intake on the boat is 50. Maybe the previous owners had some issues and change from the 30's to 50's? See below. At first i thought maybe the switches covers were replaced wrong.

GeeVeeBee

odvar

RO# 32463

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  10:01:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have to run WOT away from the dock! If you can not reach the right RPM you are overloading your engines,not good. You would need to tweak your props. Lots of good info on Boat Diesel about props and engine loading.

Odvar
H2OFFICE

2000 TROJAN 440 EXPRESS

Homeport: meydenbauer bay, wash Go to Top of Page

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  10:35:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Odvar the engines get the right RPM but not my gauges. I have a set of gauges which I will install this weekend or sometime next week. I agree about the props though, I think the 30/39 is too big regardless. I had a prop shop tell me they put those on 1000 hp engines.

GeeVeeBee

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  10:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allen, 2600 WOT at the dock is not good. Please to on Boatdiesel and read every article about your engines!!!

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  11:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike they got to 2600 but it wasn't full load. The mechanic didn't want to push to full load, he felt he was enough for him at 2600 and didn't want to max because it was obvious my gauges were not reading well. I wrote that on page 9 :-)

Do you all agree that max speed is about 25-26 knots? Not sure about you Bob as you have different engines. I do get to 24.5-25 knots but then my gauges read 2250 rpm which make no sense. Mechanic said they were of by 350 rpm.

GeeVeeBee

Edited by - Delivering Happiness on Jun 28 2013 11:03:38

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  14:14:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allen - An eaiser method might be to just change the plugs back 30A plugs and use 30A cords. Or change both circuits to just one circuit that is 50a 125/250volt.

I just looked at my connection that are back their and they are the same as yours. Two 50a 125v circuits. Mine have been disconnected and combined into one 50a 125/250v cable. I have never blown a circuit even with both ACs running.

I don't see any reason you could not do the same.

John
No more boats but I have a really cool car and a really fast bike. :)

"Son, I've got a very low bull$*%t tolerance" -- Pancho Carter

Homeport: Nimbus Flats Go to Top of Page

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  14:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought all Trojans had 50 amp cords and cable masters. I haven't paid much attention am I the only one with a single 50 amp?

Dave

“Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time.” – T.S. Elliotcommon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

1996 440 Trojan Express

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  14:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I have the cablemaster as well. And it is a 50a 125/250 likely the exact same as yours. However, in the storage area above the garage are these hook ups. As I said, they are not connected to anything but they are there and do not appear to have ever been used. Likely you have the same outlets in there.

John

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  15:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jmeirhofer

Allen - An eaiser method might be to just change the plugs back 30A plugs and use 30A cords. Or change both circuits to just one circuit that is 50a 125/250volt.

I just looked at my connection that are back their and they are the same as yours. Two 50a 125v circuits. Mine have been disconnected and combined into one 50a 125/250v cable. I have never blown a circuit even with both ACs running.
I don't see any reason you could not do the same.

Thanks John. What I dis for now is using a Y adapter from 50 to two 30's. then in the boat connection I have two adapters for each cable from 30 to 50. I don't like it but it is ok for now. I will look at the wires in the back and probably do as you suggested and change it to 2 30's in the near future. Thank you.

GeeVeeBee

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  16:00:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one 50 amp circuit.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  16:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike - When you say on 50. Is it a 50 - 125/250 or just a straight 50 125? Also is that your Glendenning? Do you have outlets in the storage cubby on the back as well? Like myself and Allen have?

So now I have this nagging question in my head. What does everyone have in their storage area? Is it like mine and Allen's or something different? Mike, Dave, Odvar, Bob? There is another 96 in my marina and I will take a look at it this weekend and see what he has.

Allen, if you did not already have the 30A cables I would say change it from the two 50 125 to a single 50 125/250. Having one cable to lug around is definitly easier than two. I have the opposite problem at my marina, and most I visit, in that they usually only have 30A so I need a splitter to convert the two 30s to one 50A.

John

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  20:13:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 2 50' 30 amps and 2 50' 50 amps. I think they are both straight 50/125. I want to sell one of them as right now I will not be needing two with the new set up.
John is it as simple as removing the wires from one inlet and connecting with the other? I am ignorant when it comes to electricity.

GeeVeeBee

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  20:26:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Allen. It is one thing I have not done yet so I can only guess that yes it is that simple. There should be three lines on each whether it is a 50A or a 30A

Edit: Just looked at Marinco Website and the install instructions are the same for both. As suspected there is a white black and green line. It should be as easy as disconnecting and removing one and then installing and reconnecting.

If you do this make sure to turn those breakers at the plug off as well as those on your panel off. I would also put the battery disconnects to off.

John

Edited by - jmeirhofer on Jun 28 2013 20:36:53

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  20:33:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, will take a look. Thanks!

GeeVeeBee

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  20:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best price on the net

http://www.amazon.com/Marinco-303SSEL-B-Stainless-Locking-125-Volt/dp/B000NI01TO/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1372470009&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=Marinco+30+amp+125v+boat+side+plug

John

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  21:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THANK YOU!

GeeVeeBee

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  08:12:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allen the 50 amp outlets on the dock are 240 not 120. My single 50 amp 240 is split into two 50 amp 110s to feed the two mains on my panel. I use one feed for my AC units and the other feeds everything else on board. I'm not sure I understand what you have on your boat? It's not making much sense to me I guess I will have to take a look when I'm there.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  10:36:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave - Based on previous posts (correct me if I am wrong Allen) he is using a Smart Y adaptor to convert the 50A 125/250 at the post into two 30A. He is then running the two 30A cords to the boat and putting an adaptor on the end of each that converts it to a 50A 125 for each feed. What he wants to do is change the 50A plug in on the boat end to 30A eliminating at least one adaptor.

We have the Glendening cablemaster which is in most cases the same as the post outlet at 50A 125/250 (or duel 125v feeds) Our connection where it would be if we did not have the cablemaster is not utilized. Mine looks exacly like Allen's inputs. I suspect yours does as well.

Allen, have you considered using this instead of changing the outlets on the boat.

http://www.amazon.com/Marinco-50-Amp-250-Volt-2-50-Amp-Y-Adapter/dp/B009IJM4C6/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1372519959&sr=8-16&keywords=marinco+50+amp

This would plug into the 50A outlet on the post and let you use the two 50 amp single cables you already have and plug directly into your boat connections. I would keep the 30 to 50A converters in case you go somewhere that only has 30A service. This way you do not have to make any mods to the boat.

John

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  10:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a start this weekend on the anchor locker. It is to wet in there to fix anything but I did get everything taken apart. If I can get a few days of warm weather perhaps I can get after it with the git rot and epoxy, get it painted and all assebled again. Anyway, here is what it looks like now.

Water pools on either side of the roller platform. It has rotted the wood in the immediate space adjacent to it. This is the major part of the repair. The repair piece will have a drain on either side to the anchor locker so the water can be directed to the drain holes for that putting it overboard.

That tube is how water gets into the center bilge

The bottom of the locker

John

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  11:23:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John that looks like a mess!

As for Allen's boat I'm not sure that is what he is doing but I'm heading there is a few I will take a look.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  11:47:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John yea and yes. I have Y adapter from 50 to two 30's and another set of adapters at the boat feed for each 30. I didn't know there was such an adapter from 50 to two 50's. after i bought my adapter i saw another boat with the adapter you linked to. I was bummed. In any event i think i am better off with changing the boat feeds to two 30's as you suggested. I really dont want to have to handle two 50 amps. Maybe Dave can he is much younger!!! :-)

GeeVeeBee

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  21:12:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Younger I wish!!

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  21:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was able to change antifreeze on the port engine, long process especially for the first time. I flushed the after cooler on the port engine as well, first thing that came out was a piece of an old impeller.

GeeVeeBee

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  09:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok guys. If this is not a good reason to open your after-coolers then I don't know what is!!!
These left overs from an old impeller were all in the bottom of my After-cooler! Have no idea how this engine was running. Same engine I too out 7 pieces of impeller from the bottom of the raw water pump.

GeeVeeBee

Edited by - Delivering Happiness on Jun 30 2013 15:21:41

odvar

RO# 32463

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  14:00:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one 50 amp cord and a cable master. My cable input and breakers (2 locked together) are located on the "transom" next to the water and tv inlets, nothing in the locker. On the main panel it splits into a feed for the AC units and one for the rest. 30 amp seems to handle the loads fine except when I have used some el heaters and cooking at the same time. I carry an extra 30 amp cord that I use a lot. Right now I'm plugged into one leg of 50 amp service at a marina we will hang out for most of the summer.
You guys should put a little foam weather strip around the opening for the anchor chain and bend up some SS sheet metal to Chanel the water out by the anchor, works for me:-)

Allen, I bet you are over propped, and that will kill your engines. It's typical for boat builders to hang too big a prop on to get max speed but when you load up the boat with gear, fuel, water and the bottom is not too clean we got problems. I took out some pitch out of mine, the top speed dropped a few knots but who wants to pay the fuel bill at max speed? Fortunately I have electronic gauges and one feature is engine loading and fuel burn. I cruise at around 22 knots and a fuel burn of around 30 gal/hr, load around 65% and the engines are happy.

Odvar
H2OFFICE

2000 TROJAN 440 EXPRESS

Homeport: meydenbauer bay, wash Go to Top of Page

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  14:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have depth, speed, and charts. Woohoo. Thanks to BillyIII for the transponder. It is working perfectly. I tested it on the surface and got 17'. It is sitting in the hull and is reading 15.9-16'. I still have to glue it down and put the glycine in the cup but should not have any issues. Oh, and put everything back together.

John

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  14:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allen, 2600 WOT at the dock is not good. Please to on Boatdiesel and read every article about your engines!!!

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  15:19:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HOGAN

Mike you are not reading my posts in full :-) maybe its my spelling errors... :-)
I said the mechanic got the engines to 26 (on his tachs not my gauges) but didn't feel like pushing all the way, he thought that if he pushed a little more he would have got 2750. I saw a video on you tube of a guy running the same engine as our Mike and it seemed like almost getting to 3000.

Odvar before buying this boat I surveyed one other and inspected 3 other. All changed props to smaller props but 4 blades so you are absolutely right. I think it also make a huge difference docking the boat. When I shift forward it feels like someone just rear ended me and vice vera in reverse. I know i need to either trim or get new props. Your boat picture are like PORN would you be able to take a picture of what you did at the anchor room? Did you add the load gauges your self or did it came with the boat?

John I have my eyes on Garmin 5212 but I am a long way from it. Good for you. I am in the process of installing a new search light. Just another $1000! :-)

GeeVeeBee

Edited by - Delivering Happiness on Jun 30 2013 15:26:06

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  15:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I got a start this weekend on the anchor locker. It is to wet in there to fix anything but I did get everything taken apart. If I can get a few days of warm weather perhaps I can get after it with the git rot and epoxy, get it painted and all assebled again. Anyway, here is what it looks like now.

Water pools on either side of the roller platform. It has rotted the wood in the immediate space adjacent to it. This is the major part of the repair. The repair piece will have a drain on either side to the anchor locker so the water can be directed to the drain holes for that putting it overboard.

That tube is how water gets into the center bilge

Would like to see the "after" pictures:-)

GeeVeeBee

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  15:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it does not stop raining it may be a while. 8-)

John

Pa Mikee

RO# 32785

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  19:50:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HOGAN

From what I understand the mechanic was there to see if the tach(s) were reading correctly. He was not there to see if the engines were able to obtain the manufactured recommended rpms under load. Testing the tach does not require engine loading. Running at the dock in neutral is fine for that.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  20:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correct Mikee. I do get Mikes point though. At somepoint i have to make sure my gauges are reading right. Thanks.

GeeVeeBee

Starry Night

RO# 18025

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  16:36:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So now I have this nagging question in my head. What does everyone have in their storage area? Is it like mine and Allen's or something different? Mike, Dave, Odvar, Bob? There is another 96 in my marina and I will take a look at it this weekend and see what he has.

John,
I have a single 50 125/250 that is located on the transom near the shower. The line is attached to my Glenndining power chord retractor. I do not have any issues with operating all equipment on the boat.

Bob

Starry Night

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  16:42:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Starry Night

quote:

John,
I have a single 50 125/250 that is located on the transom near the shower. The line is attached to my Glenndining power chord retractor. I do not have any issues with operating all equipment on the boat.

I have the exact same setup

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Starry Night

RO# 18025

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  16:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

John,
I had my bolts go through the wood and lost the anchor roller 4 years ago. I decided to install an 1/8" top and bottom stainless steel plate which I designed and had cut. It spans most of the deck and provides additional support to the new anchor roller. Much better now. I will have to take pictures and post this week.

Bob

Starry Night

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  17:10:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only have the one 50 amp cord coming from my Glendening I have four 60 amp push type breaker in the locker but that is it. I do not have any means to plug in additional cables. I have not noticed any weakness in my anchor locker I will have to check it's integrity.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  17:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just attached my chain to a bolt in the anchor room, the shelf in my anchor room needs some repairs as well but nothing too serious also finished installing my new search/spot light.

GeeVeeBee

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  19:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob - I was thinking of doing exactly the same thing. Some kind of steel plate over/under the wood once repaired. It was stong enough to last 16 years just the repair "should" last another 15 or so. But I would rather fix it the best I can rather than good enough. I probalbly could have pulled my roller out if I got a good grip on it and just pulled. I unbolted it though. There is also a piece of wood, or was, under the windlass where it though bolted the fiberglass. I am not sure what I am going to replace that with yet. All that wood in there takes maintenance. If you do not keep it sealed it is just going to rot. And sooner or latter it will rip itself loose. I will have some more pictures of it tommorrow. Started digging away the rotted wood today.

I also just finished installing new speakers and blue led arch lights as well as the Wave antenna and Netgear wireless router. I had an older one around. Oddly, it did not ask me the password to log into it using my work computer but it did with my Ipad. Does anyone know how to get into the system settings on these to set up a router name and password?

I too have the Glendenning cablemaster with the single cable. But I also have the outlets like Allen. Just don't have anything connected to them.

John

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  19:54:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe at least most Netgear units

The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password”

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  08:42:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave. That worked and now my router can be found by the boat name.

However, the speed of the marina wifi is so slow it is not worth using. Only two hours of install wasted. lol

John

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  15:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so last night and this morning I finished installing my arch lights, arch speakers and finished up the temp helm until I decide how I want to finish it. I know I am going to probably add a second 740 for radar opposite where the other 740 is as well as remove the old radar unit. Move the autopilot to that spot along with a new radio. I am also thinking of relocating some of the switches. I want to add switches with a auto return and indicator for tabs, and would like to move the lighting switches to an accessable spot when the helm cover is on. So until I do decide and gather all of the parts, this is how it stays.

John

Edited by - jmeirhofer on Jul 02 2013 15:03:09

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  16:33:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice job!! You do good work now on to the next project the anchor locker.

Are the lights tricolor or only Blue? I love the look of the blue but they attract bugs like a bug zapper. I find the red lights are the only color that the bugs don't seem to like.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  17:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave. They are only blue lights. I don't much care for the red lights in the white lights were already there and I didn't much care for them so I went with just blue. As long as there is a bit of a breeze the bugs aren't much of a problem most of the time anyway. Lol at next project. In the last month I have also wet sanded (800 & 1200), compounded and polished from the water line up. Found out you can drop a makita in the water running, pull it out, blow the water out with an air gun and it still works.

I would like to get going on the anchor locker though. Unfortunately it keeps raining and it stays wet. I may get at least the git rot and some of the epoxy applied by Saturday. The wife and kids get here thurs morning though so that will be occupying my time.

John

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  17:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great work like always John. really like the Helm and the lights.
This was my project for today among some other little things. Saw the doors on Starry Night. Make a huge differance.
This is the cover and hatch I had for the Genny. Couldnt reach anything what so ever. When ever I needed to do any work there I had to take this cover off.

Thats the "hole". I painted the floor blue because mistakenly I ordered the wrong color. I like it though. Also when I Installed the new floor I made a larger hatch to the bilge and kept the floor about an inch away from the back and the front walls in the garage so when rain water goes in it goes to the bilge and not on the floor.

My new doors, not painted yet, too much rain.

Also took the boat out today for a run after changing the antifreeze and cleaning the after-coolers from debris, engines running great. My huge discover was running the boat with out the synchronizer i fealt the boat run much better and faster. Did 26 knots. RPM still bad though. Little more worried about it as I was thinking if the gauge not working well it might be that one of them is off my a bit and therefor one engine might work harder.!

GeeVeeBee

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  18:08:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice Allen. I have a fairly large opening hatch there as well. And my panel does come out if I need more access. I also have access from the engine room. Interesting idea about keeping it away from the back wall. I noticed you also have carpet on your aft deck. Did you purchase that or was it already there? My wife wants me to look into getting it on ours. She is afraid the dogs will slide off into the water.

John

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  21:03:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got all new carpets in the cockpit and in the back. I love it. The boat wasn't like that when I bought it. There is another Trojan in NJ called Imagine which I got the idea from. Mine is in 3 parts, one big part over the garage and two smaller parts on each side, this way I can open the garage at will and not touch the carpet. My wife was just on Dave's boat and he has the 3 color light, between your blue and Dave's 3 colors we might get that as well.

GeeVeeBee

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jul 07 2013 :  07:17:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Motors. Dave - Do you know what temp. regulators you have in your cats? I ask as I have the right one according to the parts manual yet it has to be wrong according to the service manual. Boat Diesel has conflicting information as well. I am going to post in engine forum to see what others think. But I think I will be changing the regulator in my starboard motor.

John

Page: of 26 Topic Next Topic: 2000 Trojan 440  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.52 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com