BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 129 ]  [ Total: 136 ]  [ Newest Member: wlsomaha ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 Trojan 440 Upgrades, Fixes and Ideas
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: New to forum - Just purchased a 2000 440 Trojan
Page: of 25

oregonparts

RO# 33629

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  19:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen the ones on ebay and some companies online that have a lot of decals for boats but have not found any that look like the originals and are raise lettering.

Todd

Todd

"Just Another Day In The Junk Yard Of Life"

2001 440 Trojan Express
1994 Sea Ray 400 EC
2008 GTX Sea-Doo

Homeport: Oregon Go to Top of Page

oregonparts

RO# 33629

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  19:35:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allen I just saw your post and it is hard to believe that just the cross piece that I see sitting on you bow is what you are talking about. I cant believe two guys can't pick that up. I will be finding out myself because we are building stainless steel hinges there so that when I tow the boat I can just flip it over so that I can haul it.

Todd

2001 440 Trojan Express
1994 Sea Ray 400 EC
2008 GTX Sea-Doo

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  19:49:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Todd Starry Night's arch is hinged, he doesn't have the wings but it was done so it can be towed.

As for the decals I just sent an email to the company that has them listed on Ebay they say they would custom make them for a price so I will find out the price. If I can't get them in raised letters I will settle for flat as long as the design is right.

Dave

“Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time.” – T.S. Elliotcommon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

1996 440 Trojan Express

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  19:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oregonparts

Allen I just saw your post and it is hard to believe that just the cross piece that I see sitting on you bow is what you are talking about. I cant believe two guys can't pick that up. I will be finding out myself because we are building stainless steel hinges there so that when I tow the boat I can just flip it over so that I can haul it.

I am a good Shlepper so You will find out the same way I did :-)

GeeVeeBee

Johnfrmcal

RO# 33857

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  19:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have this decal, I think I'll just have them recreated, I see plenty of places on the web that specialize in that and it looks like they know what they are doing.

Every Weekend's a Vacation

Edited by - Johnfrmcal on Apr 09 2015 20:04:18

Homeport: Discovery Bay, CA Go to Top of Page

Johnfrmcal

RO# 33857

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  20:14:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
P.S. I'll let you know in short order exactly what these arch components weigh. I'm diving into the arch repaint project the weekend of the 18th.

oregonparts

RO# 33629

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  21:10:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me know if they do them in the raised vinyl and if you are happy with them I will order a pair I sure with maybe some others on the forum.

Todd

Todd

2001 440 Trojan Express
1994 Sea Ray 400 EC
2008 GTX Sea-Doo

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  00:23:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My decals are different then most of yours, mine don't say by Carver and the look very different.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

Edited by - Audrey II on Apr 10 2015 00:29:24

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  07:39:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Lakes Skipper has some Carver/Trojan decals

http://greatlakesskipper.com/decals-pinstriping/carver-boat-decals

I replaced the "Trojan" on the stern with regular vinyl letters, highlighted with gold. I'm going to do the same with the name on the arch.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Edited by - HOGAN on Apr 10 2015 16:29:59

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  17:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is because 96/97 were not made by Carver Dave. Ours would need to say Bertram not Carver. #128515;

John
No more boats but I have a really cool car and a really fast bike. :)

"Son, I've got a very low bull$*%t tolerance" -- Pancho Carter

Homeport: Nimbus Flats Go to Top of Page

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  17:51:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent Great Lakes an email with pictures of my current decals and they said they have nothing like it and couldn't source it for me. I guess they don't actually make them themselves. The site I post before makes them and is willing to try to reproduce what I have but I may be willing to change to the newer style but I would loose the "By Carver" I like that mine doesn't say that now.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  18:59:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have them custom made you could ask them to replace Carver with Bertram.

John

oregonparts

RO# 33629

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  09:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave I talked with Great Lakes yesterday and the only thing that they had in stock was the little black Trojan helmet.

Todd

Todd

2001 440 Trojan Express
1994 Sea Ray 400 EC
2008 GTX Sea-Doo

Johnfrmcal

RO# 33857

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  22:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John I saw an old thread from 2011 where you were asking about the cable master system and the 125V/250V plug. Mine has the same. Have you guys found that most docks have 125V/250V outlets? I would think that 30A 125V and 50A 125V is more common. I hope this isn't a problem in this area. I've never really paid attention since our last boat was 30A.

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  00:24:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can use a splitter and convert it to two 30s. In the delta with the breeze at night you probably don't need air much so you could also use an adaptor to one 30 and not run the air. I even had an adaptor to take it to a 110v 20a circuit just to run the battery charger where it is now.

John

Johnfrmcal

RO# 33857

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  00:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a little confused...I understand splitting it to two 30's, I scored a like-new Marinco reverse-y adapter today that does exactly that. But I am confused on how I can convert it to a single 125V source such as a 30A or a 20A. I thought this thing is looking for 250V at the boat? How does it know what to do with 125V?

Johnfrmcal

RO# 33857

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  01:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops I think I figured it out. It's actually two legs of 125v.

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  08:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right John. I thought the same as you when I first started.

John

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  21:29:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So here is the big question how do you feed one leg? A smart Y adapter will only work with two out of phase 30 amp circuits. This winter I made an adapter to feed my 50/250 using one 15 amp plug I did this simply so I could run my charge from an extension cord while on the hard. It worked great!
I launched the boat today and found a leek in my fresh water pump I capped the line so that I can at least use the city water hookup without leaking and ordered a new 5 GPM pump I never thought the old pump was adequate.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

odvar

RO# 32463

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  22:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have not check in for a while. Interesting, decals , I removed all the BIG decals when I got the boat some 13 years ago. Been fun since when people ask me is this a custom? I felt the logos were too loud.
About water in the bilge, had the same frustrating problem a few years ago. Could not figure out where the water came from. Turned out it was from where the rudder sleve comes thru the hull, behind the panel in the garage. The leake only showed up under way or when loaded heavy. Sealing the garage I have been happy with door weather stripping, the kind that come in sticks and slide into a grove on the door frame. I screw that to the bottom of of the garage lid. Keeps the water out under way. Arch, mine is a one unit design, track on top for the front canvas and track under in the back, no leak. As you may have seen before I only have one bow in the front and it is splitt in the middle so I can tuck it into the garage. I don't like like bows and canvas on an express its a sun boat, and when I need to cover up it only takes a few minutes .

Odvar
H2OFFICE

2000 TROJAN 440 EXPRESS

Homeport: meydenbauer bay, wash Go to Top of Page

Johnfrmcal

RO# 33857

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  10:38:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone come up with a solution for a cockpit table? Mine didn't come with the original, which I don't really care for anyways. What I'd love to have is another hi/low table just like in the salon but I'm sure that finding another one of those would be pretty much impossible.

oregonparts

RO# 33629

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  18:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey John I have the same problem and I priced one of those hi-lo table stands and was quite surprised on the price. Just starting to put the new exterior seating in.

Also on another note my neighbor just had his boat done in the plastic teak and saw it for the first time yesterday. I have real teak on the swim plat form and may bring it up to the entry door.

Also how did the job go on your arch...I think you said you were doing it this weekend. I am qurious on what that cross bar weighed.

Todd

2001 440 Trojan Express
1994 Sea Ray 400 EC
2008 GTX Sea-Doo

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  21:58:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sold my saloon table, I made one my self but it is not great. For the cockpit I used the adjustable base and a round table top my dad made. Now keep playing around with a new saloon table.
Todd I love the look of the real teak on the platform, What do you have in the cockpit?

GeeVeeBee

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  22:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had taken mine out and stored it at the house until we put it up for storage. Took up to much space in the Salon for me. I had a footstool I replaced it with the opened up for storage. Most of the time we ate in the cockpit anyway. When we didn't we had a couple of folding tables to use. Much more space that way. If my boat was here I would let you have it. I would not use it in the cockpit though. It just weighs to dang much.

John

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  05:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just had a new table made for my salon I used the original base, I'm very happy with how it came out! When I bought the boat it didn't come with a cockpit table which is a must have in my book. I spent a lot of time finding/buying the base for a table I ended up buying a Taco base for over $500 and then a $50 top that I never really liked, then last year I had a friend replace the table on his SeaRay and he gave me his old table top which I love, it is perfect for the space.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

oregonparts

RO# 33629

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  08:33:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delivering Happiness

I sold my saloon table, I made one my self but it is not great. For the cockpit I used the adjustable base and a round table top my dad made. Now keep playing around with a new saloon table.
Todd I love the look of the real teak on the platform, What do you have in the cockpit?

Allen right now it is carpet.

Todd

2001 440 Trojan Express
1994 Sea Ray 400 EC
2008 GTX Sea-Doo

Johnfrmcal

RO# 33857

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  14:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to find another one of the bases, I'm a big fan of folding table tops, they just make sense to me in confined spaces. Todd, I didn't start on the radar arch yet...my boat didn't get finished at the yard, SURPRISE, I probably won't get it back until next week.

A decent mobile diesel mechanic could make a killer career in NorCal....

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  20:53:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A decent mobile diesel mechanic could make a killing just about any where. It is why I do most of my own work. Decent is hard to come by. Good is even harder.

John

Johnfrmcal

RO# 33857

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  21:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So true John. I'm actually an excellent wrench and have been my whole life, I'm just new to diesels. I think I will be learning at an accelerated pace.

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  22:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know nothing before I bought mine and I do all my own work! Really isn't too much to it.
I got everything done on my to do list except my fresh water pump which I hope to do on Friday season is about to start!
Let the fun begin:)

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Apr 22 2015 :  00:43:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, if you need any help or advice just let me know. I have probably fixed it at least once. lol

Dave, has all the snow finally melted? j,k It has been summer here for about a month now.

John

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Apr 22 2015 :  03:20:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snow is all gone in fact the weather last weekend was summer like! I have been to the boat everyday for the last week finishing projects, I in the home stretch now. The last repair on my list is the wipers I apparently install blades that where too large and had too much resistance for the motors and burned out both of the wipers I need to replace them both before I take any trips this season. I want to make sure I get and best wiper motors to handle the larger blades has anyone else replace theirs yet? I would love some input if you did.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

Johnfrmcal

RO# 33857

Posted - Apr 22 2015 :  11:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks John, I will definitely be taking you up on your offer. I just need to get her home on my dock so I can figure out what I want to do and what questions go along with those things! On another note, what are your boating plans this season, with your boat being on the other side of the country? You live right by a thousand miles of waterways, can't let those go to waste! Also, did you get my message about checking out a back-haul with Moger out of SoCal?

Johnfrmcal

RO# 33857

Posted - Apr 22 2015 :  11:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh and also, Todd can I get some close-up pics of your new cockpit upholstery? It looks really nice in the pic above, I'd like to see the quality close-up and use it as a bogey for my upholstery guy to hit.

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Apr 22 2015 :  18:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My boating plans for this season are a big null. That being said, I have so much going on this summer already I do not think I would have much time for it.

I did not get your message but I will check with them. Thanks.

John

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Apr 22 2015 :  22:14:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had to replace any breaker in the main panel if so do you know what they are it looks like I need to order two. I replaced my microwave last year and now it blows the breaker if I run for any length of time. Today I replaced my fresh water pump with a 5 GPM instead of the 3 GPM and it apparently draws more power and it too blows the breaker. I need to step up the breakers in each of these circuits.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

oregonparts

RO# 33629

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  08:27:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John I will try to get you some of those pictures this weekend. Also we are covering all the white fiberglass in the V-berth with cherry wood. Here is are some before pictures after we started putting the cherry in and I will show you the finished product when done.

Todd

2001 440 Trojan Express
1994 Sea Ray 400 EC
2008 GTX Sea-Doo

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  10:21:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Todd, how did you redo the fiberglass with cherry? Did you replace it completely, or put veneer over it. It looks great!

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

oregonparts

RO# 33629

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  22:14:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HOGAN

Todd, how did you redo the fiberglass with cherry? Did you replace it completely, or put veneer over it. It looks great!

Yes we just veneered over the top and stain. As you can see that there are different colors or shades at the moment because some have no coats while others may have a couple or more. When finished I will post pictures of the finished product.

While doing this refit we went with all new lighting and that was an expense that surprised me. So far I bought some led that flush mount into the ceiling. Kind of cool that you can control how bright they are by turning them on and they gradually get brighter and when it reaches the desired lighting you turn the light switch off and then right back on and it stays at that brightness. So far there are 28 of them on the boat...........$80 each. Still have to put in all the rope lighting.

Todd

2001 440 Trojan Express
1994 Sea Ray 400 EC
2008 GTX Sea-Doo

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  15:09:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Todd what is under the front access panel on your bed? I have never removed my mattress to notice it was there.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  16:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Access to where the wiring and such come out of the tube from the anchor locker. I found mine when I flipped the mattress.

John

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  19:36:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How Can you flip the mattress? don't your mattress curve on the sides? mine have an angle the bottom.
When I surveyed another Trojan and opened this little hatch i found a swimming pool there was so much water there coming from the anchor room. Lots of wood debris as well.

GeeVeeBee

oregonparts

RO# 33629

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  20:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johnfrmcal

Oh and also, Todd can I get some close-up pics of your new cockpit upholstery? It looks really nice in the pic above, I'd like to see the quality close-up and use it as a bogey for my upholstery guy to hit.

John here are some pic's of the exterior seating. I think he did a good job and at a price of $2500.

Todd

2001 440 Trojan Express
1994 Sea Ray 400 EC
2008 GTX Sea-Doo

oregonparts

RO# 33629

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  20:10:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New bottom paint getting ready to make the trip to the lake and found out the our favorite spot won't have any water this year. No snow in the hills and not enough rain. Looks like we will explore the Columbia this summer, maybe head up to Idaho by way of the river. Need to put some hours on the old girl to see if she has any problems. Then next year will head up to the San Juan's to visit with Odvar.

Todd

2001 440 Trojan Express
1994 Sea Ray 400 EC
2008 GTX Sea-Doo

oregonparts

RO# 33629

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  20:18:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I feel like a real chatty catty now but a while back I asked anyone if they knew how to be notified if someone was replying or talking on this forum and no one had any answers. I was just looking on some of the other forums for BoaterEd and they have a subscribe to topic on their forums. Why do they... I would assume the subscribe to topic is what I was asking about.

Todd

2001 440 Trojan Express
1994 Sea Ray 400 EC
2008 GTX Sea-Doo

Johnfrmcal

RO# 33857

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  23:51:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$2500 bucks?? Seriously?? I'd ship to Oregon to get mine done for that!! Wow!

I can't find a subscribe button and don't understand why not.

I finally brought her home today. We kicked it up on the river and took it slow in the channels. It was my first time really driving her. Even though it was nice and easy, just the rush of the first voyage really tired me out today. And now that I've spent a few hours really checking her out, I'm finding so many things I don't understand yet. I'm gonna have a lot of questions!

Johnfrmcal

RO# 33857

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  23:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First question would be, what are those of you with 450C's getting for speed at around 2100rpm?

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  06:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johnfrmcal

First question would be, what are those of you with 450C's getting for speed at around 2100rpm?

That's a question for your GPS

As for $2500 I paid twice that for mine.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  07:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At 2100, my 450's are getting me about 21 MPH

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  08:56:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allen, my matress is the same as yours. You can still flip it upside down. I thought it might help a bit as it was kind of lumpy. That did not help much so I added 3" memory foam to it.

All that wood you found was probably parts of the shelf for the anchor roller.

John

Page: of 25 Topic Next Topic: New to forum - Just purchased a 2000 440 Trojan  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.47 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com