BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 81 ]  [ Total: 82 ]  [ Newest Member: Heckjo ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Wellcraft Owners
 Refrigerator
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: new wellcraft owner Topic Next Topic: 1994 Martinique 3200 engine hatch lift assist  

jcluna

RO# 31655

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  17:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I have 2003 Wellcraft Martinique with 550 hours. My refrigerator is losing gas and the repair person says it is now worthy to have it fix or find the leakege. My mechanic is suggesting that I buy a refrigerator in Sears and that he will install an inverter to make it work. I'm not sure what will the implications of doing other than losing the capability to switch between 12V/110V. The marine refrigerator is very expensive. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Homeport: Florida

Laissez-Faire

RO# 32833

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  17:51:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can find one that will fit, the 120V unit will give better service. Just make sure you
have enough air circulation. A small computer fan will do the trick. 12V system prices are
out of site!!!

Homeport: Chattanooga, Tn Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  22:13:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laissez-Faire

If you can find one that will fit, the 120V unit will give better service. Just make sure you
have enough air circulation. A small computer fan will do the trick. 12V system prices are
out of site!!!

+1.

A lot of friends are going to dorm size 120 VAC units.

At $125, if they last 3 years, you have beat the odds. When my 12/120 unit gives out, that is the way I am going....

My $0.02

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

Laissez-Faire

RO# 32833

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  08:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just as a follow up, I do have a 120V small frig on the outside, now 5 yrs old, salt water. Only
paid abt $100-150, it pulls very little power. Only one small issue there were cold and much colder spots inside the frig, mainly due to glass shelves vs wire shelves (keeps the air circulation down), I installed computer fan INSIDE the frig, runs
all of the time, frig must be kept near min cooling, or will freeze all the items in the frig.

Homeport: Chattanooga, Tn Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: new wellcraft owner Topic Next Topic: 1994 Martinique 3200 engine hatch lift assist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com