BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 104 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: Heckjo ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Bayliner, Maxum, Meridian Owners
 Bayliner 2859
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: cleaned Topic Next Topic: 1999 Maxum 4100 SCR AC condensate leak  

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  11:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone own a Bayliner 2859? If so what do you like or dislike about this pocket cruiser?
Bill
Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Homeport: Tuckerton, N.J.

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  14:56:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try googling Bayliner owners. There's a forum for them where you will get lots more info.

Homeport: VA Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  18:55:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am already a member of that forum. I was hoping for some opinions from the members of this board.
Vill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Homeport: Tuckerton, N.J. Go to Top of Page

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  19:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suggested the other forum as there is very little activity here, only a tiny fraction of the owners forum.

Homeport: VA Go to Top of Page

psalzer

RO# 4570

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  19:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy, I have a 2858, the flying bridge version that we like very much. Lots of room for 2 people, plenty of storage. A bit of a handfull when docking in a crosswind but manageable.

Pete

Homeport: Fayetteville, Ga Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  07:48:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your input Pete. If I get a different boat it would be a model similar to the 2859.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Wintersux

RO# 2421

Posted - Mar 10 2013 :  19:33:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bought one for my son last year. They wanted a boat they could weekend on and it was the best space for the price. Nice room and the aft cabin is great. Bathroom is adequate. Drives nice with the big block/bravo 2. The hardtop is great. Find one that is optioned with a genset and air/heat if you can. There are alot of resources for the model available online.

Homeport: Illinois Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  14:19:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WS thanks for your comments on your sons 2859. Right now I am just exploring options or alternatives to my Mainship. I have looked at a few 2859's on-line that are powered by a Yanmar diesel engine. AC and a generator would be a must for my wife and I. We have a friend who has an early 2859 at our marina so we have been aboard one and cruised in a 2859. I really like the mostly enclosed helm. The cabin space could be a bit tight for our needs.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

camman73

RO# 17493

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  14:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2859. Don't spend a lot of overnights on it so cabin size is not an issue. Love the enclosed cockpit for cooler weather. Handles well in sloppy conditions though it can rock side to side quite a bit.

Use it mainly for day trips and fishing. Very popular in the NW.

Not sure what you plan on using it for.

The use of space for it's size is great. You can contact me direct if you have any specific questions.

Keith
Lombard, IL

Homeport: Waukegan, IL Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  08:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm curious what kind of fuel burn can be expected with a 7.4L fuel injected motor at cruise? What is the ideal cruise speed?
Thanks,
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Van Yon

RO# 33336

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  16:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Billy,
My father's owns a 2001 Bayliner 2859 with diesel motor & generator. My father selected this model in particular because of the hardtop, enclosed helm area, and the protection from the elements provided by the enclosure, although, I prefer a more open cockpit & helm. The diesel motor is a Mercruiser build with a Cummins block, I have not seen one with a Yanmar diesel. It doesn't go very fast, but has incredible torque and does well to propel this boat although seemingly underpowered at 200 HP (at the prop). We never used it in a continuous operation to determine its range, however the original owner had purchased (& we installed) a 23 gals auxiliary fuel tank. I believe the range would be approx 125 miles with the std 102 gal fuel plus the extra 23 gals tank. Installing the aux tank opposite of the genset & battery bank also provided a more level ride without need to adjust the trim tabs to compensate for the heavier fixed load on the port side.
I have just finished the advertising flyer for the boat and not yet posted here on this website. I don't want to violate rules of the forum, but I do want you to know that my father's 2859 must be sold VERY soon. I would be glad to send you a flyer IF you request.
I would enjoy discussing Bayliner 2859 in more detail, and would like for you to be the new owner of my fathers. If you have any specific questions please ask, and I will be glad to share my operational & ownership experiences with you about this particular model & 2001 year.

Van A. Yon, REALTOR(r)
Tel: 404-978-2288

Homeport: GA Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Jul 27 2013 :  14:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am no longer in the market for one I stayed with upgrading & repairing my Mainship. You should list it in the classifieds section of this board. Include a link to pictures and the price. That isn't against board rules. Even if you told the asking price here in this part of the forum that would be fine.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Previous Topic: cleaned Topic Next Topic: 1999 Maxum 4100 SCR AC condensate leak  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.42 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com