BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 243 ]  [ Total: 249 ]  [ Newest Member: Jim_In_Calif ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Fishing, both Fresh and Salt water
 What are these guys carping about?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: BIG Sharks off  East Coast. Topic Next Topic: Hoop nets for Catfish in rivers.  

JeffN

RO# 3672

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  18:59:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A bunch of loaves & fishes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhfd9dIkXEk
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didnít understand the assignment, and I told them they didnít understand life. ~John Lennon

Homeport: Vero Beach FL

Thudpucker

RO# 10503

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  22:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a move to net them in the TN River.

Conservative in every sense of the word.

Homeport: AL. Go to Top of Page

JeffN

RO# 3672

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  22:42:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Asian carp-invasive?

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didnít understand the assignment, and I told them they didnít understand life. ~John Lennon

Homeport: Vero Beach FL Go to Top of Page

Tim Bromund

RO# 18797

Posted - Apr 12 2013 :  08:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JeffN

Asian carp-invasive?

Yes, some commercial catfish farmers down south had imported them and put them into their rearing pondsto keep the ponds clean of algae and during one of those major flood/high water events on the Mississippi a number of years ago, the ponds go flooded by the river and the asian and bighead carp escaped into the Mississippi River and their populations have absolutely exploded all through the Mississippi, Missouri, etc river systems, all the way up to Chicago where they are now threatening to get into the Great Lakes through the Chicago Ship Canal.

It's really quite an environmental catastrophe.

1989 Starcraft Islander 221 Hardtop "FishStyx2"

Salad is what FOOD Eats

Edited by - Tim Bromund on Apr 12 2013 08:58:17

Homeport: Olcott Beach, NY Go to Top of Page

carver 2557

RO# 11591

Posted - Apr 12 2013 :  09:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like fun, but talk about being dangerous. WOW. Imagine falling and landing on their weapon of choice?..

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

JeffN

RO# 3672

Posted - Apr 12 2013 :  09:50:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darwinians...

Homeport: Vero Beach FL Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: BIG Sharks off  East Coast. Topic Next Topic: Hoop nets for Catfish in rivers.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com