boat-ed.com
BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 69 ]  [ Total: 73 ]  [ Newest Member: mark h bischoff ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Marine Financing - Repower
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Pirate Ship 4 Sale Here in St. Louis. Arrrr. Topic Next Topic: McKanica Silicone Gel Remover  

CaptCrunch

RO# 32171

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  06:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any recomendations on who to use? I'm considering repowering the Donzi to take care of all the issues I appear to have bought. Looking for terms of about 60 months 20k.
25 Chris Craft Crowne Totalled Hurricane Sandy
2000 Donzi Z32 SS "Blue Agave"

Homeport: Bellmore, NY

Mike_R

RO# 32823

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  08:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sterling has done this for friends of ours. It was not just the repower, they did a re-finance and rolled in the cost to re-power. Perhaps your current lender. Apparaisal needs to support the additional $$. Possible home equity line? Rates will likely be better.
Mike

Yesterday's Dream
2005 Silverton 34C
Island Cove Marina
Old Saybrook, CT

Homeport: CT Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  08:55:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had good results with Sterling Acceptance also. Like Mike said though, "the appraisal needs to support the additional $$." I'm not sure that a repower will increase the value of the boat as the boat's value assumes 2 engines in good working condition.

Edited by - Gregory S on Apr 26 2013 08:59:05

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Pirate Ship 4 Sale Here in St. Louis. Arrrr. Topic Next Topic: McKanica Silicone Gel Remover  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.66 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Shop BoatStore.net!     Shop for Toys & Games!    Shop for Housewares!

Boatered.com