BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 129 ]  [ Total: 136 ]  [ Newest Member: wlsomaha ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Regal Owners
 3780, 3880 or 4080 owners with satellite tv
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Drain problem... Topic Next Topic: Regal 3780 (3880, 4080) Canvas Replacement - Color  

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - May 25 2013 :  08:12:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where and how did you mount your dish?

On my 2007 4080 I had it on the arch and it worked fine. But my 07 had a 4 inch pole holding radar.

On my 2009 4080 I mounted it the exact same way. But regal changed the pole holding the radar to one that is probably about 6 to 8 inches wide.

Dish was working in my slip but now it looks like the radar pole is blocking the signal in the sw sky. Like I said never had a issue on old boat and only difference I see is diameter in the pole.

So I think I will have to change the mount and move dish up over radar. I have seen boats with some fancy mounts but where do you get them? Custom made?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks!
2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Edited by - CurrentSea on May 25 2013 09:52:21

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - May 25 2013 :  10:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The extra 2" could def. cause a blind spot for the sat dish. Do you have a radar dome or helicopter style? If a dome you could probably get a relatively simple mount to bolt on top of the existing mount. Find them at most marine parts websites. Search for scanstrut, not sure of the spelling but hey are one of the most popular.

For custom mounts at a reasonable price, try Nautical Creations. http://www.nauticalcreations.com/

Also, note I used the terms "relatively" and "reasonable" which in this case is still going to be pricey. Mounts in general are not cheap.

Boats, yup, 5 of em...
WLC - We love Champlin's!

Homeport: Liberty Landing Marina, NJ Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - May 25 2013 :  10:13:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a dome type but its already on a mount. To get it above radar it would have to be 4' high. I have seen the fancy mounts where it will sit above radar in existing pole. I think that would look the best and offer best possible signal. Even a 2 foot pole next to radar could still get blocked.

Other idea would be to mount another dish on other side so I am covers from any angle.
Not sure you can have 2 dishes on 1 line but could wire to a/b switch

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Drain problem... Topic Next Topic: Regal 3780 (3880, 4080) Canvas Replacement - Color  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com