boat-ed.com
BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 13 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 120 ]  [ Newest Member: Lancer ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Wear Pads
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: another boat explosion Topic Next Topic: Medieros Boatworks  

Rick D

RO# 32381

Posted - May 26 2013 :  17:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All.

While cleaning up one of my stern drives today prepping to install it, I noticed the wear pad on the right side is missing... can't find it anywhere.

Can they be installed once the drive is on the boat or does the drive have to be off to install it? Want the drives on tomorrow, but not sure who would have them and who would be open on Memorial day.

Thanks,
--Rick

1997 Larson Cabrio 310

Homeport: Guilford, CT

jrpar

RO# 11343

Posted - May 27 2013 :  06:36:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't mention which drives you have, but I have replaced them without pulling the drive on my Bravo II's.
I can't recall if I needed to disconnect the trim rams or not....

John

Homeport: Palm Coast, FL Go to Top of Page

jtybt15

RO# 3300

Posted - May 27 2013 :  18:50:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, they just kinds snap into place. Not at the boat but, I'm pretty sure the drive clears in the UP position.

Charlie

There is much to be said, in a world like ours, for taking the world as you find it and fishing with a worm.-Bliss Perry, 1904

Homeport: Ca Go to Top of Page

BillK

RO# 775

Posted - May 28 2013 :  10:03:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1999 Alpha I Gen II and I'm pretty sure mine does not even have wear pads. Is that possible?

Homeport: Lake Norman, NC Go to Top of Page

jrpar

RO# 11343

Posted - May 28 2013 :  11:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BillK - Only if they were removed at some point.. You should have them.. 8M2015937 PORT / 879346T30 STARBOARD

Homeport: Palm Coast, FL Go to Top of Page

jtybt15

RO# 3300

Posted - May 28 2013 :  12:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pads are kidney shaped 1/16" plastic pads that fit on the outside of the 'horns' on the drive. They guide the drive into the bell housing as it goes down.

Charlie

There is much to be said, in a world like ours, for taking the world as you find it and fishing with a worm.-Bliss Perry, 1904

Homeport: Ca Go to Top of Page

BillK

RO# 775

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  09:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I checked yesterday - mine really didn't have wear pads. There is no indication that there is any contact in that area, the paint is not even marked. I bought the boat used, so they must have gotten removed at somepoint before that. I went ahead and ordered a set - looks like you can easily snap them in place with the drive raised. I have see a lot of drives, but never noticed these wear pads until now.

Homeport: Lake Norman, NC Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: another boat explosion Topic Next Topic: Medieros Boatworks  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.67 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Shop BoatStore.net!     Shop for Toys & Games!    Shop for Housewares!

Boatered.com