BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 9 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: Bumpo64 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Regal Owners
 Drain problem...
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: SOLD! 1986 Regal  Sold to a ANG soldier - yay! Topic Next Topic: 3780, 3880 or 4080 owners with satellite tv  

fish_guts

RO# 33296

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  19:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all, been a long time since I've been here on Boatered. Just bought a 1988 233 Ambassador. Having an issue with drainage. It seems the shower drain, and more importantly the drain on the first step to the galley are clogged. Would any of you know if these two are connected, is there a bildge pump for these? Or should I just send a snake through them and try to dislodge any blockage? I cant' find any owners manuals for this boat. I would really appreciate any help.

Richard

Homeport: RI

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  20:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may have a sump box, I would try and locate it. Do you have a breaker called shower or sump?
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Homeport: Tuckerton, N.J. Go to Top of Page

Capt. Bill1

RO# 2017

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  20:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try sucking them out with a shop vac. The shower drain is most likely clogged with hair. And/or the sump pump is not working.

Homeport: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale Go to Top of Page

fish_guts

RO# 33296

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  05:31:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy, no sump or shower breaker, just a switch for the water pump. Capt. Bill, I will suck them out with my shopvac, but I'm still looking to see where they drain to. Thanks to both of you.

Homeport: RI Go to Top of Page

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  09:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sucking the water out is good, but doesn't tell you where it drains. I suggest doing just the opposite...stick a hose with a pressure nozzle on the end into the drain. Turn it on and look for where the water comes out and it will unless you have a major blockage.
If you don't have a sump, I'm guessing it just drains into the bilge and the bilge pump pumps it overboard.

Homeport: VA Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  10:04:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To use suction or force air or water will require plugging one or the other floor drain, otherwise if they are connected with a Y you might blow whatever is in the lines into the vessel through the darin that is left open.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Homeport: Tuckerton, N.J. Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: SOLD! 1986 Regal  Sold to a ANG soldier - yay! Topic Next Topic: 3780, 3880 or 4080 owners with satellite tv  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com