BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 147 ]  [ Total: 149 ]  [ Newest Member: Bumpo64 ]
 All Forums
 Cruising Guides
 Inside Passage
 The Inside Passage 2013 - Stalwyn
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Quake Off Adak Magnitude of 7.0 Topic Next Topic: Inside Passage 2012 - Stalwyn  

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Jul 29 2013 :  10:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Port McNeill ... 8 am ... the sound of fog-horns dominates the other wise stillness of the morning. Guess I might have time to catch up on some of the important things in life, like a shave and a shower, before the fog lifts and the sun keeps the cabin temp up to 70 F. Thank you, God, for shore power.

Port McNeill has internet, but it is available to everyone, and not even password protected, so all the boats in the 2 public marinas, and half of the town are on it at any moment in a 24 hr. cycle. Access may take hours.

More when I get home.

OS

Homeport: Porpoise Bay, BC

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  11:22:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Campbell River 9:15 am. Seymour Narrows TTF at 12:22 pm allows me to pull up stakes about 11 am get to the fuel dock and make the Narrows for a short run North before taking Okisollo Channel or Nodales Channel for a little run to the East before heading home.

So many nice anchorages, so little time.

OS

Homeport: Porpoise Bay, BC Go to Top of Page

BillV

RO# 17370

Posted - Aug 14 2013 :  20:56:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't wait to see the pictures I know you've taken. Don't keep us in suspense OS.................

1978 Glasply 28' mid-cabin, repowered, remodeled, rewired, rebuilt, replaced, repaired, oh well you get the picture! It's my full time job now that I'm retired.

Homeport: Lynden, WA Go to Top of Page

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  13:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back at home from my 3rd trip North this summer.
Pictures and detail will come, Bill, but probably not until I have made another trip or two out into the briny. I'm starting to like it. This "boating" thing you guys do in the summer months could be habit forming.

OS

Homeport: Porpoise Bay, BC Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Quake Off Adak Magnitude of 7.0 Topic Next Topic: Inside Passage 2012 - Stalwyn  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com