BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 121 ]  [ Total: 124 ]  [ Newest Member: Bumpo64 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 New England Cruising Club
 Hamburg cove
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tugfest in Maine this weekend ? Topic Next Topic: Cape cod bay  

TJM

RO# 2909

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  22:46:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All: It has been about 10 yrs since I have boated on the Ct river and visited Hamburg cove. We were thinking of going this weekend Friday - Sunday.
Before we would just grab a vacant mooring ball and tie up. Is that still common practice ? If non are available can you drop the anchor inside ? I draw 4' of water with a full keel.
Is there a harbor master to reserve a mooring ??
Thanks
Tom
41' President

Homeport: Essex, Ct

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  06:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are rental moorings, just take one and the guy will come out some time during the day to collect from you.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

chriscraft67

RO# 12563

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  12:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get there early. If the weather is nice, it will be crowded. There may not be any rental moorings left and if so, you can anchor but just take note of the tide vs. the depth and be prepared to watch your scope. As the weekend wears on, some folks will arrive and anchor too closely.

Great spot. Have had lots of fun there over the years.

Homeport: Norwich, CT Go to Top of Page

Prospective

RO# 23085

Posted - Aug 05 2013 :  08:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there last year. After some research I found that the "you are welcome to take and open mooring" policy is still the norm. Just be prepared to vacate it if the owner returns. I saw very little room to anchor and it was super crowded on the sunny Saturday I arrived at about 1pm.

1990 Tiara 3600 Open
Twin 3208 CAT Diesels

Homeport: Barrington, RI Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Tugfest in Maine this weekend ? Topic Next Topic: Cape cod bay  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com