BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 76 ]  [ Total: 82 ]  [ Newest Member: cepaul ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Sea Ray Owners
 Refrigerator - 2007 34 Sundancer
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 42 Sea Ray cruise speed Topic Next Topic: Microwave 260 Sundancer  

cindyq

RO# 33397

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  08:02:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - I just purchased an '07 Sea Ray 340 Sundancer and it seems that after about 36 hours off shore power the frig loses its cool. after some investigating it seems as though it is drawing 5-6 amps which is pulling back the volts to just around 12 volts. once at or even a hair under 12 volts the frig cuts out and no longer draws. i put in 4 new 31 AGM batteries and have tested to see what all else is pulling on the boat and nothing is drawing that much - it's the frig. anyone else experience this or have a solution. I am tempted to get an 8 cell battery but they are very expensive and may not solve the problem?
cmq

Homeport: NY

dancerscap

RO# 20150

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  08:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Running a frig on batteries will kill any battery bank eventually. Getting 36 hours is doing pretty good.

You might stretch it a little by raising the thermostat on the frig a little but if you have a genny you should run it for a while to charge the battery bank, maybe heat shower water, cook a meal and again charge the batteries thaat you will need for overnight lights,

The frig is also likely turning off at 12 volts to insure lights and starting power, as it should.

Your batteries should also recharge when underway off the engines.

Edited by - dancerscap on Aug 15 2013 08:35:29

Homeport: Hudson,Fl. Go to Top of Page

b_arrington

RO# 18340

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  10:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree 36 hours on batteries is pretty darn good. You need recharge the batteries with the engine, run a generator or maybe a big solar array.

Brad

"Jennifer B."
2006 270 Sea Ray Amberjack

Homeport: Setauket, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 42 Sea Ray cruise speed Topic Next Topic: Microwave 260 Sundancer  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com