BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 96 ]  [ Total: 97 ]  [ Newest Member: mloustau ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Silverton Owners
 C.O. Detector
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: exhaust knocked of Topic Next Topic: Model number of hatches?  

bkair

RO# 26118

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  10:23:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 41c with 3 co detectors. 1 of the 3 (the forward stateroom ) has stopped working. There is no power(12v) at the detector. The other 2 are fine. Does anyone know where power is picked up? I tried tracing but wire runs behind walls, refrigerator etc with almost no access. The boats wiring diagram is vague at best. Any help would be appreciated
Seaducktion II
1996 Silverton 41C
Crusader 502's

Homeport: greenport, ny

Dusty Rhoads

RO# 10868

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  10:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CO2 has blade fuses behind the elect. panel on our boat. Unscrew upper and lower panel screws and door should open. Behind you will find a panel of fuses marked, and I would assume there. Various others there also, make a list to remember.

Dusty "Moon River"

Homeport: Annapolis, MD Go to Top of Page

bkair

RO# 26118

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  11:15:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks dusty. Found the fuses and there are 3 total. Only 1 fuse feeds all three detectors. When i pulled one of the fuses the 2 operating detectors went dead. i did check all 3 fuses and they were all good. Must be a bad connection or break in the wire. Ill have to trace more

Seaducktion II
1996 Silverton 41C
Crusader 502's

Homeport: greenport, ny Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  12:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have a Silverton but my Mainship is similar, check to see if the ground lead is broken. Find another ground nearby (good luck) the problem might be on the ground side of the circuit. I believe in my Mainship the ground for the front stateroom was tied into the lighting circuit's ground. I had the same problem a few years ago when I was upgrading the boat.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Homeport: Tuckerton, N.J. Go to Top of Page

bkair

RO# 26118

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  13:10:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thx. Ill give it a look

Seaducktion II
1996 Silverton 41C
Crusader 502's

Homeport: greenport, ny Go to Top of Page

Bob J

RO# 181

Posted - Sep 03 2013 :  21:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty Rhoads

CO2 has blade fuses behind the elect. panel on our boat. Unscrew upper and lower panel screws and door should open. Behind you will find a panel of fuses marked, and I would assume there. Various others there also, make a list to remember.

Dusty, as you know, vast difference between CO & CO2. I'm sure it was a typo.

Bob J

Homeport: Waretown, NJ Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  16:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yup, the only CO2 detectors I know of are in space capsules. Remember Apollo 13?

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: exhaust knocked of Topic Next Topic: Model number of hatches?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com