BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 8 | Guests: 143 ]  [ Total: 151 ]  [ Newest Member: Robert Lamkin ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Wellcraft Owners
 Considering 290 Coastal - thoughts/questions
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: PROPS 1987 WELLCRAFT ST. TROPEZ Topic Next Topic: 230 Coastal cabin drain question  

GripB

RO# 18473

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  06:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

We recently relocated to Florida from PA. We sold our 35' Cruisers Yachts Express that we slipped on the Chesapeake Bay, but held onto my 15' Boston Whaler SS (which is for sale BTW).

I want to get more involved in fishing, primarily coastal with short distance runs out. I also want to have a cabin with the capability to overnight with the family. So I'm considering early-mid 2000's 30' walkarounds. A genny, fridge, A/C and microwave are important. Planning on storing it in a Hi-n-Dri on the Gulf Coast.

I've looked at Pursuit, Proline, Grady White, Boston Whaler, but keep coming back to a 290 Coastal.

Anything I need to know, avoid, etc. regarding this model? Example: I've read both positive and negative thoughts on the Yamaha 225's hung on this model :504_shrugging:

Thanks in advance for your time/info.

Greg
------------------------------------
2003 Cruisers Yachts 3372 (sold)
"More Lee'Sure Time"
2011 Boston Whaler 150 SS
"Just 4 Fun"

Homeport: Lakeland, FL
  Previous Topic: PROPS 1987 WELLCRAFT ST. TROPEZ Topic Next Topic: 230 Coastal cabin drain question  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com