BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 101 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: CptnCrunch44 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Windmill Cove
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Should check on the boat more often Topic Next Topic: On the hook  

dvan

RO# 30258

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  21:08:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard that Windmill Cove was shutting down, does anyone else know anything about it?

Homeport: CA delta

Flutterby

RO# 14378

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  16:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What little I know is that the building has been condemned as unsafe by the county. Not sure if it is county harassment or a true safety issue, but either way they have been ordered to stop using the bldg. It is a very old building; probably cheaper to demolish and build a new one. But will the owners be willing to make that kind of expenditure? And will the county be willing to issue new permits?

Homeport: California Sierras/Gold Country Go to Top of Page

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Sep 28 2013 :  00:22:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too bad......they served one of the great double cheeseburgers found anywhere

DBH

"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  17:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still miss Das Cliff Haus. Shed a tear at its current condition whenever I drive by ...... Loved their barbequed oysters and Spaten.

Edited by - ginman on Oct 08 2013 16:02:03

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page

3birds

RO# 14567

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  08:08:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Us too. It was our spot to stop on Sundays before we headed home. Brats and Spaten.

Homeport: Dove Canyon CA Go to Top of Page

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  12:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard Windmill Cove has reopened. Some friends were there a few weeks ago, via the asphalt slough. They are not delta people so were not aware of any differences.

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page

dvan

RO# 30258

Posted - May 01 2014 :  08:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard that the same people that have Happy Harbor took it over, not sure if that is correct. I'm planning on taking a boat ride today, I may stop by and check it out.

Homeport: CA delta Go to Top of Page

dvan

RO# 30258

Posted - May 01 2014 :  23:27:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stopped by Windmill Cove today and found out the place was taken over by the same person that has Haven Acres and also the restaurant at the airport, at least that's what the cook told me.

Homeport: CA delta Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Should check on the boat more often Topic Next Topic: On the hook  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com