BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 129 ]  [ Newest Member: tonyj ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 South Florida Boating Club
 Shutdown
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Boat Rentals Topic Next Topic: Todays Fun,Replacing Stb. Transmission  

sabrejocky

RO# 12195

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  14:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if we will see less government "enforcement/gawkers" at the Columbus Day Regatta party this year due to to the shutdowns.
"Pretty Penny"
1990 50' High Tech Euro
Wellington, Florida
You ain't much if you ain't Dutch

Homeport: Miami, Florida

captchas

RO# 82

Posted - Oct 06 2013 :  21:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been my experience over the years that L.E.O. Do not miss a chance to enforce Laws
on the Waters..
Friends of mine who have retired off the "job" have also agreed... Just remember that a minimum of 3-4 LEO agencies will be out there to protect and save (serve)..
As your are aware, some people cannot contain their enthusiasm or stupidity and need special attention....
Hopefully I'll join in the festivities again next year and I wish all who are going to attend this year to enjoy and have Safe a trip.

Calm Seas and Fair Winds
M/V Freedoms Choice

Homeport: Boynton Beach,Florida Go to Top of Page

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  10:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if the park service shuts down the regatta altogether this year. I m pretty sure the official regatta finishes in park water and requires a permit. As to the party, held separately from the official regatta, considering the amount of planning it takes, with all special markers and buoys, the barge, etc... I don't see it happening either as they have shut down all tours and fishing guide operation in the park. It that s the case, the party will likely end up at the KB sandbar...

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Boat Rentals Topic Next Topic: Todays Fun,Replacing Stb. Transmission  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com