BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 101 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: CptnCrunch44 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Outrigger
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Point Topic Next Topic: Pigs  

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Jan 04 2014 :  22:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the Outrigger still vacant.....damn good place to tie up in the old days. Last time I was by there it looked like it was about ready to fall into the water
"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport:

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  15:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has it recently closed again? Up until the end of 2012, it seemed to be doing fine. Haven't been there in a while but yeah, was a great place to hang your hat on a sunny Saturday or Sunday afternoon. A few positive Yelp reviews and this article.

http://rivernewsherald.org/outrigger_7-18-2012.html

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  19:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it was open recently I was not aware of it. It seemed like it had been closed for a couple years. I hope it is open...I really hate to see delta businesses go under. As we know, the river reclaims everything in the end......as it will with me. I hope to be around for a good long time but it is understood that part of my ashes will be dumped off the Capitola Wharf and part will be dumped off the dock at Veiera's Resort....don't tell Veiera's that,,,it's a secret

Dbh

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  13:40:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to everything I've read online, it was opened through the end of 2012. Nothing mentioned of 2013, or plans for 2014, though. Next time I'm up in the 'swamp, will cruise by.

mudfinder

RO# 33671

Posted - Jul 03 2014 :  22:14:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always liked that place.. I saw it is for sale, for a million bucks. Well if my loto ticket wins....

Homeport: Tower Park Go to Top of Page

mudfinder

RO# 33671

Posted - Jul 03 2014 :  22:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always liked that place.. I saw it is for sale, for a million bucks. Well if my loto ticket wins....

willysross

RO# 25104

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  19:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We took the boat to the outrigger on Memorial day had lunch and a drink. They had Kareoke on the deck - great setting

Carver 3227 Prison Break
Aquasport 175

Homeport: California Delta Go to Top of Page

UpperDecker

RO# 19078

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  00:30:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw it open the other day. Not as hopping as it has been in years past, but hopefully they can make a go of it. Would be sad to lose such an iconic Delta watering hole.

"You Know, A Long Time Ago Being Crazy Meant Something. Nowadays, Everybody's Crazy."
-Charles Manson

Homeport: San Mateo, CA Go to Top of Page

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  21:27:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A funny story about the outrigger. Years ago I cruised by the outrigger at sundown, we were going to fish at night on Three Mile Slough. I guess he thought we were going to fast so he hailed me on his outdoor speaker letting me know I was not going slow enough (I was at 5 mph). I was a bit irritated. On the way back to Vierras Resort at about one AM we were cruising by the Outrigger again when he hailed mr again on the radio. I said to hell with him and didn't respond. When I got under the Three Mile Bridge all hell broke loose. The wind and tide were such my 24 ft boat damn near capsized as I went under the bridge. A quick turn left to get on the lea side of Decker Island saved the day and got us out of trouble. I finally decided he was actually warning me about the nasty conditions and I was irritated and did not take heed. A rough night that ended well but I should have listened to him. That was a night I soon won't forget.

DBH

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

UpperDecker

RO# 19078

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  22:26:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deltabighat

A funny story about the outrigger. Years ago I cruised by the outrigger at sundown, we were going to fish at night on Three Mile Slough. I guess he thought we were going to fast so he hailed me on his outdoor speaker letting me know I was not going slow enough (I was at 5 mph). I was a bit irritated. On the way back to Vierras Resort at about one AM we were cruising by the Outrigger again when he hailed mr again on the radio. I said to hell with him and didn't respond. When I got under the Three Mile Bridge all hell broke loose. The wind and tide were such my 24 ft boat damn near capsized as I went under the bridge. A quick turn left to get on the lea side of Decker Island saved the day and got us out of trouble. I finally decided he was actually warning me about the nasty conditions and I was irritated and did not take heed. A rough night that ended well but I should have listened to him. That was a night I soon won't forget.

DBH

yes, their over enthusiastic use of that bull horn has driven more than a few customers away.

"You Know, A Long Time Ago Being Crazy Meant Something. Nowadays, Everybody's Crazy."
-Charles Manson

mudfinder

RO# 33671

Posted - Aug 07 2014 :  15:28:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/18469671/2690-Sherman-Island-Rd-Rio-Vista-CA/

looks like they lowered the price. If you could afford it, why bother? you could just have a nice boat and visit but not have the hassell of running the joint. On the other hand, if you could fill up the slips, everything else would be gravy.

UpperDecker

RO# 19078

Posted - Aug 07 2014 :  21:02:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mudfinder

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/18469671/2690-Sherman-Island-Rd-Rio-Vista-CA/

looks like they lowered the price. If you could afford it, why bother? you could just have a nice boat and visit but not have the hassell of running the joint. On the other hand, if you could fill up the slips, everything else would be gravy.

You couldn't pay me to take that place. Just the costs of fixing it up, dealing with all the people, and maintaining the place would drive me over the edge.

Same reasons I recently sold my boat. Now I just ride my Wave Runner all over the place. I'm happy.

-Charles Manson

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Aug 07 2014 :  22:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, buying the Outrigger or Das Cliff Haus. Decisions .... decisions .... In the 20 plus years that I have been frequenting the 'swamp, the Outrigger has sold and resold a number of times. Must be a reason. Will admit, though, have had a lot of fun there in days gone by.

mudfinder

RO# 33671

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  22:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was told that new owners have taken over the outrigger and are busy working on it & it's open.

mudfinder

RO# 33671

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  22:23:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about Helen & Herman's? that place is still boarded up.

mudfinder

RO# 33671

Posted - May 27 2015 :  00:18:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

jeez now Tower Park is for sale...
I hope the new owners don't screw it up.

mudfinder

RO# 33671

Posted - May 27 2015 :  00:18:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

jeez now Tower Park is for sale...
I hope the new owners don't screw it up.

mudfinder

RO# 33671

Posted - May 27 2015 :  00:20:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

http://www.landandfarm.com/property/Tower_Park_Marina_Resort-2027760/

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - May 27 2015 :  15:59:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if these are still active, but apparently Willow Berm and The Marine Emporium are also for sale.

http://www.marinasforsale.com/index.cfm?page=details&listingsdb_ID=193&property_class=&userdb_id=2&agentInfo=Jim%20Foley

http://www.landandfarm.com/property/Marine_Emporium_Storage_for_Boats_RV_s-622340/

Edited by - ginman on May 27 2015 16:10:07

Previous Topic: The Point Topic Next Topic: Pigs  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.44 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com