BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 8 | Guests: 101 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: CptnCrunch44 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 delta trip
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Google Barge headed to Stockton Topic Next Topic: Good buy on boats  

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  11:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a good trip up to the delta this weekend. My best friend and I launched the boat at B&W Friday at noon and cruised about until an early dinner found us at Korths which had closed by that time so we cruised down to Spindrift and had their lobster/steak combination which is always pretty good. After dinner we carefully made our way back to B&W and elected to stay in one of their cool knotty pine cabins instead of sleeping on the boat. Next morning we had a great breakfast at Korths and then headed east towards Tower Park but made a left at the bridge and went up the Mokeulumne towards Wimpys. Missed the left turn on the river towards Wimpys and got a little lost until a fisherman on the bank let us know where we were. Went back down, found the now right turn and pulled into Wimpys. Had a lemonade outside on the deck at Wimpys and headed over to Guistis for lunch. I always forget how good their lunches are, absolutely great. We went over to Walnut Grove and had a lemonade at Al's and Tony's. Then it was late afternoon and we headed south and just about dark we tied up to the Isleton docks. Had a lemonade and played liers dice with Peter at his steakhouse and then retired to sleep on the boat. Next morning, Sunday, it was cloudy and we had a little rain so after breakfast at the Striper in Rio Vista, we loaded up and came home. A very nice trip and as always, the delta was spectacular.

DBH
"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport:

Arnold

RO# 12330

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  11:46:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great.
Thanks for sharing.

Arnold

Homeport: San Francisco, CA Go to Top of Page

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  22:26:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Arnold..

I always like to hear about folks cruising around the old swamp and the places they go and the places they stop. What was good and maybe not so good but it lets us all know what's going on on the delta....what's open...what's closed. I just love the place and that's why I post about my travels up there

DBH

"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport: Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Google Barge headed to Stockton Topic Next Topic: Good buy on boats  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com