BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 86 ]  [ Total: 93 ]  [ Newest Member: Heckjo ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 New England Cruising Club
 Marina recommendations in the New London area
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Summer Plans: Newport Topic Next Topic: De-winterizing Date?  

John24

RO# 27922

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  16:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Moving my boat from the South Shore of Long Island. I'm looking to relocate into either Old Saybrook or New London. I have a 2 hr travel time to from my home so I'm looking for a marina with amenities such as restaurant/Bar, pool and showers. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

1999 Regal 2760

Homeport: Patchogue

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  16:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saybrook Point Marina is beautiful, it has a pool, restaurant and grills. The downside is that it can very rough when the wind blows out of the southeast. You can go further up the river to Between the Bridges or up to Essex where there is a Brewers and Essex Island Marina

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

John24

RO# 27922

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  17:32:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Between the Bridges looks interesting. I'll take a ride up and have a look around. I overnighted at Saybrook point a few years ago in route to The Block, it was very nice. I have family who boat out of Point Judith RI. We will be doing several Block trips so I am leaning towards New London as a first choice for a home port.

1999 Regal 2760

Homeport: Patchogue Go to Top of Page

JoeBalt

RO# 12416

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  12:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New London proper is a very busy waterway...if you are looking to get closer to fisher island sound for Block trips or over toward point Judith, would say to keep going east and check out Noank, Mystic, and Stonington...well protected marinas, great little towns, easy access.

2011 Regal 42SC
Ruff'N It 4

Previous
2008 FW V358
2006 FW V318
2004 FW V288

Homeport: Essex, CT Go to Top of Page

John24

RO# 27922

Posted - Mar 25 2014 :  17:50:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the recommendations. I ended up at the Brewers pilot point marina in Westbrook. Its farther West than I was originally hoping for but the facility fit what I was looking for. Now we just need some warmer weather!

1999 Regal 2760

Homeport: Patchogue Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Mar 25 2014 :  17:54:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pilot's Point is a great choice. We've stayed there a couple of times and love it. The restaurant there is excellent. You will be very happy!

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Summer Plans: Newport Topic Next Topic: De-winterizing Date?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com