BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: Bumpo64 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 New England Cruising Club
 De-winterizing Date?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Marina recommendations in the New London area Topic Next Topic: Haul Date  

Rick D

RO# 32381

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  09:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all.

Curious to hear from others along the CT shore or LI shore when you expect to fire your engines for the first time this season. I've done some work on both engines (ignition and carb) and I'm eager to run both to make the necessary tuning adjustments. I could wait to April 1, but wanted to see if others in this area are comfortable this early in March running their engines on a fresh water hose and not backfilling with antifreeze when done (I would just open all drains to drain out any water in the block)

--Rick
1997 Larson Cabrio 310

Homeport: Guilford, CT

JoeBalt

RO# 12416

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  12:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking at week of April 1 for boat to be ready...

2011 Regal 42SC
Ruff'N It 4

Previous
2008 FW V358
2006 FW V318
2004 FW V288

Homeport: Essex, CT Go to Top of Page

SPIKE

RO# 4024

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  20:05:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah right. You guys are way early. CT River just thawing now. River Quest (Essex) preparing for Eagle/Osprey CT River Museum trips in April. Okay - so great if you are out soon. Cheers!

Usually get wrap off by mid-April, then clean, wax, clean, and clean again. New ding motor to try out, now that might be in sooner than main boat. Classic Chris Craft Boat will be in sooner this year. See you on the River......Paul aka Spike!

2002 Chaparral Signature 260
1948 Chris Craft Deluxe~

Homeport: CT River Go to Top of Page

Rick D

RO# 32381

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  09:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Already ran both engines on a VERY long garden hose. One purring like a kitten, the other has a carb issues and clearly needs the impellor changed as my water flow was marginal at best...expecting to have both those issues resolved tomorrow. Hope to have all other mechanicals (1 lower stern drive replaced) resolved over the next two weeks. Cover will then come off somewhere around the 2nd week of April so I can wash and wax and then hopefully drop her in the water BEFORE the 1st of May.

Good luck to all.

--Rick

1997 Larson Cabrio 310

Homeport: Guilford, CT Go to Top of Page

JoeBalt

RO# 12416

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  15:37:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, to clarify what "ready" on April 1st means...That's a Tuesday which means that in the 4 days prior to the weekend the marina will clear the shrink wrap, get some bottom paint on and splash her...which means I show up on Saturday with first load of "stuff"...the following week will usually be general de-winterizing, which means I can show up the following Saturday with more "stuff" and maybe be able to have heat and stay overnight to clean and set up...but hey, I'm on the boat...

2011 Regal 42SC
Ruff'N It 4

Previous
2008 FW V358
2006 FW V318
2004 FW V288

Homeport: Essex, CT Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Marina recommendations in the New London area Topic Next Topic: Haul Date  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com