BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 169 ]  [ Total: 173 ]  [ Newest Member: colrhino ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Marine Sanitation, Plumbing and the like.
 Purasan hose size
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: U-Line Ice Makers Topic Next Topic: Jabsco electric head  

Bartholomew

RO# 27306

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  19:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My heads are the macerating type and pump the waste out through 1" hose. I am installing a Purasan unit and plan on placing a reducing bushing in the input to the Purasan and connecting the 1" hose directly to it. My question is would it work ok to also change the output of the Purasan to 1" as well without causing any type of unwanted restrictions? It would be a lot easier to plumb considering where I am having to install the unit.
Anyone else done this?

Homeport: IN

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  07:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not reduce the size and I recently replaced all my hoses as well. It was a major PITA but I'm happy I did the work!

Dave

“Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time.” – T.S. Elliotcommon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

1996 440 Trojan Express

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Bartholomew

RO# 27306

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  19:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the thoughts. On one hand the line is already 1", but I would have to think there is more restriction by going that way. The discharge port is 1.5" on the Purasan and on the thru hull.

Homeport: IN Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  09:55:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry about the 1" waste pipe especially on the feed side since you have macerating heads. It will work either way.
I wish Beaucomfort would see this thread he has installed more PuraSan or LecTraSan units than I have.
Is this a Hold-N-Treat unit or straight from the heads? If a H-N-T I would highly recommend replacing the macerator transfer pump with a SeaLand bellows type pump.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Homeport: Tuckerton, N.J. Go to Top of Page

Bartholomew

RO# 27306

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  17:25:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is not a HNT. Currently the hose used from the macerator head is 1" up to the y valve and is original equipment as supplied by the boar manufacturer. From the Y valve to the thru-hull 1.5" is used. I'd like to just use 1" all the way which is about 2 feet maximum from the Y valve.

Edited by - Bartholomew on Mar 29 2014 19:11:16

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Mar 30 2014 :  07:47:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bartholomew

This is not a HNT. Currently the hose used from the macerator head is 1" up to the y valve and is original equipment as supplied by the boar manufacturer. From the Y valve to the thru-hull 1.5" is used. I'd like to just use 1" all the way which is about 2 feet maximum from the Y valve.

It will work without issues.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Homeport: Tuckerton, N.J. Go to Top of Page

Bartholomew

RO# 27306

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  10:42:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a follow up, I used the 1" for the entire install with two heads flowing into the unit and it worked fine all season. I did have some clog issues as has been discussed in other posts in the 1/4" hose which required me to clean out the connections once. I will switch out over the winter with 3/8ths as recommended. Thanks for the advice guys.

Previous Topic: U-Line Ice Makers Topic Next Topic: Jabsco electric head  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com