BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 94 ]  [ Total: 98 ]  [ Newest Member: Devocean35 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 On the hook
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Windmill Cove Topic Next Topic: Salt or fresh water  

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  22:42:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may have been hashed over before but I am still interested in your opinions. Where is your favorite place on the entire delta to anchor and hang out for the night on the hook. I have a place way up On Prospect Slough north of Rio Vista on a hole where the water is 60 feet deep and the big catfish always bite, just west of the Sacramento Deep Water Channel. Peaceful, quiet where the Crown Royal taste good and Cuban cigars are smoked and the Jerry Jeff Walker music rests my soul. Can't beat that

Dbh
"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport:

willysross

RO# 25104

Posted - Apr 18 2014 :  16:53:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Mandeville just off the river on the west side. stern on the piling , bow on the hook.

Carver 3227 Prison Break
Aquasport 175

Homeport: California Delta Go to Top of Page

getakey

RO# 32379

Posted - Apr 18 2014 :  17:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
used to anchor out in Mildred Isle. Even though there can be lots of boats, you can still find some privacy and there's not much boat traffic going by

Homeport: CA Go to Top of Page

UpperDecker

RO# 19078

Posted - Apr 20 2014 :  23:11:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The horseshoe cove on the east side of Little Mandeville is the best places I've anchored. Anchoring is easy and stress free. Just drop your stern anchor as you head to the berm, hook onto one of the many improvised moorings that boaters have made, set the stern anchor, adjust the bow line to the berm, and you're done. Don't have to worry about tide, unpredictable winds, or wakes from other boats. Once you're in, you're set for the weekend.

The place can get crowded at times, but even when it does everyone is respectful of one another. It has a community feel about it where one can have a few drinks, relax, and enjoy the best of what the Delta has to offer.

"You Know, A Long Time Ago Being Crazy Meant Something. Nowadays, Everybody's Crazy."
-Charles Manson

Homeport: San Mateo, CA Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Windmill Cove Topic Next Topic: Salt or fresh water  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com