BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 112 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: Voyager56 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Formula Owners
 Starboard Shift Alarm
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bow thruster Topic Next Topic: 41 PC Repower  

Idocdes

RO# 13261

Posted - May 07 2014 :  05:52:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took possession of a 2011 34PC last summer.The boat has Axius but whenever I try to dock utilizing the Axius system I receive a "starboard Shift Alarm" that instructs me to see an authorized mechanic immediately. The kicker is when hooked up to the diagnostics(the alarm is noted)but the computer does not pick up anything wrong. My mechanic (Mercruiser Master Mechanic) told me this was a problem that they saw with older 34PCs without much of an explanation nor a solution.
Any experiences or thoughts?
David S.

Homeport: Massapequa,NY

Neverending

RO# 33181

Posted - May 07 2014 :  19:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, find a Mercruiser mechanic who understands Axius and has the necessary interrogation tools to determine the cause of the alarm fault.

2006 Formula 40pc
IPS-500 Diesel

Homeport: Freeport, NY Go to Top of Page

Roy

RO# 114

Posted - May 07 2014 :  20:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Technology can be wonderful, but this is an example of the frustrations that can occur when it doesn't work. Maybe you should forget Anxius and just dock using manual engine controls.

Roy

"Livin' life in the laid back lane" - Sunny Jim

Homeport: Sarasota FL Go to Top of Page

Insufficient Funds

RO# 12954

Posted - May 08 2014 :  18:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went through this on my new boat with axius. My Sea Ray dealer, after about 10 tries, finally got it right (knock on wood.) They were seeing this problem on a number of boats and I think Mercruiser finally sent someone down and fixed one for them and they propagated the fix out to all their other customers. I'm sorry I don't know exactly what they did to fix it but it had something to do with slop in the shifter attachment or linkage.

Unfortunately, when you get the alarms on the joystick, you'll also probably see them when using the sticks as well (at least I did.) Also seemed to happen more when the weather was cooler or early in the morning.

I also found that they were often 'false' alarms as the boat still handled as expected although very unnerving.

I'll see if I can get some more info out of my dealer but they're not very forthcoming with info. All the work was done under warranty so I never received invoices for parts or detailed explanations.

Good luck.

Edited by - Insufficient Funds on May 08 2014 18:37:22

Homeport: Hollywood Park, TX Go to Top of Page

Idocdes

RO# 13261

Posted - May 23 2014 :  07:16:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been using a Mercruiser Master Mechanic for over 15 years, and they were not getting any codes directing them in where the problem lies. This past week I had the similar issue but the engine stalled out and would not restart. The good news it locked the "shift alarm" on the smart craft even when trying to start the engine. My mechanic was able to obtain several codes giving him direction into the repair. Also, it appears there is a recall on the shift cables so both will be replaced.

Insufficient Funds, if you could get the details of your resolution to the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

David S.

Homeport: Massapequa,NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Bow thruster Topic Next Topic: 41 PC Repower  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com