BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 126 ]  [ Newest Member: nancyeliza ]
 All Forums
 Cruising Guides
 Inside Passage
 HELLO, Anybody on the IP?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Boating 2016 Topic Next Topic: Chatterbox Falls  

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - May 31 2014 :  17:34:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is everybody???

No posts in 9 (NINE) Months!!!

SOMEBODY HAS TO BE OUT IN THEIR BOAT in our beautiful Inside Passage waterways, and have something to share with us less fortunate would-be boaters!!!

OS

Old-Stick-in-the-Mud

Homeport: Porpoise Bay, BC

BillV

RO# 17370

Posted - Nov 01 2014 :  23:47:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5 posts in almost 4 months, don't know how this forum can exist with so much activity. Where is everybody, can't all be undergoing knee replacement as I've done recently.

1978 Glasply 28' mid-cabin, repowered, remodeled, rewired, rebuilt, replaced, repaired, oh well you get the picture! It's my full time job now that I'm retired.

Homeport: Lynden, WA Go to Top of Page

oldfishboat

RO# 24623

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  22:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup spending time on the boat. Be heading to old salts area this June. Just a warning.

Oldfishboat guy

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

navman

RO# 16259

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  11:24:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still alive, just have not posted much as of late....pretty obvious huh.

Homeport: Tacoma Go to Top of Page

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  11:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am really pleased that 3 of my favorite guys on this board could take the time to respond to an old Hazbeen, and bring a grin to his grumpy face. Thanks, but where are the stories of your boating adventures, that I wanna' hear about?

OG
(Old Grump)

Homeport: Porpoise Bay, BC Go to Top of Page

oldfishboat

RO# 24623

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  19:57:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OS.

I got stories, a bunch of em.

New life as relic just to start. With marine assistance added in just for the ****s and giggles.

But this site.is just not very user friendly.

Oldfishboat guy

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

navman

RO# 16259

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  09:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got some stories also, to begin I retired last year. We sold our beautiful view home and downsized to a nice one level house that my knees love, stairs were taking mine out.
We since have moved our boat from marina that we had been in forever to one that is closer to where we live now, but been so busy on the new place we have not been on the water as much. My wife intends to work couple more years, it helps since I cant draw a SS benefit yet, so relying on a small pension and my IRA.
But I frigg'n love not heading into work each day. I retired right after I turned 59, after 40 years I was hopeless, hahahah. Now my knees, I really need to begin to do the right thing and lose some weight and help myself. I had rotator surgery on my left shoulder that took that horrible pain I had been living with away, I just do not want anymore surgeries if at all possible. I have not been spending as much time on the boat but can see that improving once I get through the spring projects with the new yard.
Brad

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  11:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Willie and Brad:

Glad you are alive and still out there!
I'm headed for Maple Ridge this morning and then heading out for Bellingham, Vegas, Phoenix, and the Grand Canyon for a week.

Looking forward to swapping lies about our boating plans for 2016 when I get back.

Hope you have a great boating summer in 2016.

OS

navman

RO# 16259

Posted - Apr 27 2016 :  22:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OS, can you point out any of your threads that can assist me on taking a look at a possible trip to Desolation sound, mainly where to stay and get provisions or fuel if and when needed. Thanks, hope all is well and you enjoyed your travel time.

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Apr 29 2016 :  11:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brad:

" ... can you point out any of your threads that can assist me ... "

Why don'cha read 'em all, and give my ratings a boost?

CHS charts 3538 and 3541 (at 40,000:1) cover the main areas from Savary I. at the South, to Pryce Channel, Toba Inlet, and Ramsay Arm to the North.
CHS chart 3555 provides more detail for supply centers at Refuge Cove and Squirrel Cove, and for the usually crowded anchorages at Prideaux Haven.
CHS Chart 3559 provides detail (at 12,000:1) for Malaspina Inlet, which I would recommend, if you have the time.

I would use Refuge Cove as your central supply center, Malaspina Inlet to "get away" from the large weekend crowds, and visit some of the Cortes Island anchorages, as well, if you haven't done that before.

OS

Jgsons2

RO# 32496

Posted - May 09 2016 :  19:23:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Old Salt My two sons and I will be going lingcod and shrimp fish this weekend up in the San Juan islands. If we do any good I will send you a few photos of our trip. We like to stay the nights on Matia island. The fishing is good around there and there is not very many people also.
I still will be going to Port Hardy all of July this year. The last half of the month my wife wants to do King island like my uncle and I did 3 years ago. I put a few new thing on the boat for this trip. One is a 5.5 cubic feet freezer. It runs off a inverter. As my engine has a very big alternator(200amps)the freezer does not run down the batteries. I made a shaft for a contractor this winter and he gave me a Lowrance StructureScan for my boat. I have not used it yet but the ad for it looks cool. I hope I put it together right. Also I updated my radar from 8 miles to 16 miles. The people at the boat show said it would show a log floating. Will see this weekend.
Thanks for all the help you give to ever one
May your keel stay wet and your bottom stay dry.

May your keel stay wet and your seat stay dry

Homeport: Leavenworth,WA Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Boating 2016 Topic Next Topic: Chatterbox Falls  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com