BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
Save Password

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 112 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: subsonic ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 New England Cruising Club
 Sakonnet Point Marina
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Garmin 640 Topic Next Topic: Block Island... Finally  

RO# 126

Posted - Jun 09 2014 :  17:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone been there?

Talking with a stranger at my marina and he asked what I thought of it. I told him I had never heard of it or seen anything where he was describing.

I always hug the 3rd beach side leaving the river then snap a line out to the Red #2 past the light house. Turns out there is a very small marina tucked just inside the mouth of the river on the east side. He told me theres a nice pool and restaurant that marina guests get access to for a small fee because its a yacht "club". Thought I might pull in for one night then head over to 3rd beach for swimming and lunch the next day if they have dock space for my boat. Great option if its snotty out in RI sound.

Homeport: Portsmouth, RI

RO# 25723

Posted - Jun 09 2014 :  19:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting...that's a pretty good deal for a transient slip. The Clubhouse, Pool and Restaurant comprise the Sakonnet Point Club. Nice facilities - exercise room, bar with great views of the Point, pool patio with views of the harbor. The club offers "dry" slips, which is really just your boat, up to 24', on a trailer that they will put in/out of the water for you, along with fractional boat ownership and other water-focused activities. The club also has access to the Yacht Club and its slips, and I think they've merged or share the facilities...I forget exactly. All of the boats out there, except for the commercial fishing boats, are on the smaller side, no fly bridges, and mostly fishing-oriented (although I did see a quite large transient trawler come into the harbor one time and slalom through the very tight mooring field trying to find its assigned mooring - thought it was going to hit something a bunch of times but it just squeaked through). I think for a night it would be a great place to stay, but I don't think you'd get much protection from Southerly winds in that harbor, if the wind is really up.

2006 Silverton 34 Convertible

Homeport: Portsmouth, RI Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Garmin 640 Topic Next Topic: Block Island... Finally  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice