BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 8 | Guests: 101 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: CptnCrunch44 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Bars
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Which Mechanics have you had good success with? Topic Next Topic: Looking for a diver  

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  22:01:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is your favorite bar on the delta. A few of my favorites have been Guisti's, the old Point, Fosters Staghorn, the Windmill Cove, Al the Wops, and a few others I can't remember....oh yes, one of the best.....Lost Isle...lots of fond memories...oop's forgot about the Rusty Porthole....any more out there?

Dbh
"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport:

3birds

RO# 14567

Posted - Jun 21 2014 :  08:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure you meant Fosters Bighorn. We liked Das Cliff Haus and the Lighthouse when Sal had it. Our new favorite is Wimpys now that we are berthed in Walnut Grove.

Homeport: Dove Canyon CA Go to Top of Page

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  17:01:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The old Point and Das Cliff Haus were my favorites though spent a lot of time at the various gin joints at Vieira's back in the 90s. I just noticed Das has been painted and the area cleared out. Perhaps it will reopen. I don't have a boat now so stick to the closer places by way of the asphalt slough. I go to Foster's Bighorn now. Is the Outrigger still open? That place really rocked on a hot sunny weekend afternoon.

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page

mudfinder

RO# 33671

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  16:38:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know where to get a better Mai Tai than at Wimpys?

Homeport: Tower Park Go to Top of Page

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  00:26:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe years ago at Patty's Cookhouse at Vieira's Resort when they served hard liquor .....but damn that was 20 years ago. Patty was a tough old gal but she served a great drink.

DBH

"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

3birds

RO# 14567

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  07:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wimpys also makes a great Bloody Mary.

Homeport: Dove Canyon CA Go to Top of Page

UpperDecker

RO# 19078

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  13:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Union Point if you like the steroid crowd.

"You Know, A Long Time Ago Being Crazy Meant Something. Nowadays, Everybody's Crazy."
-Charles Manson

Homeport: San Mateo, CA Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Which Mechanics have you had good success with? Topic Next Topic: Looking for a diver  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com