BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 39 ]  [ Total: 41 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Sea Ray Owners
 2004 420 DA - fix up questions
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 410, 415, 440 AC Topic Next Topic: wanted - Sundancer 40 - 42 2005 or newer  

BVasily

RO# 18136

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  15:13:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Proud new owner of a 2004 420 DA. Several items need fixing up and I am hoping to get some advice from DA owners.

1. Water pump very loud, vibrates and periodically will not shut off. HAve checked for any signs of water leaks in system and there appears to be none. Is the repairable or am I better to purchase a replacement ... or other?

2. Master Stateroom head appears to lose its seal. I suspect this is simply a Vac-u-Flush maintenance kit.

3. Top side fridge vibrates, is loud, and seems to run +70% of the time. Any advice short of replacement?

4. Generator not pumping water now. Suspect an impeller which I will check.

Appreciate any advice from seasoned owners.
Bob V.
Seeleys Bay, Ontario, Canada

Homeport: Kingston, Ontario

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  17:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you have answered most of your own questions but I wanted to point out that these questions really are not specific to your brand and you may have better luck getting them answered in their specific category. Such as the marine head question.

John
No more boats but I have a really cool car and a really fast bike. :)

"Son, I've got a very low bull$*%t tolerance" -- Pancho Carter

Homeport: Nimbus Flats Go to Top of Page

Robski97

RO# 7334

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  13:48:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Water pumps suck....If its running water is going somewhere.... Lots of places to check.
GENSET is the impeller
Cockpit fridge vibrates... its the interior shelf.
FWD head... could be gasket. Id flush it a lot ... pour alttle bleach in the bowl. wait a few and flush some more...

its usually junk that stops the seal.

What else u got .

ROb

2006 44 Sundancer

Homeport: Merrick, NY Go to Top of Page

BVasily

RO# 18136

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  14:04:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rob.

Replaced impeller and Genset works well now. Water pump intermittent. Sometimes runs constantly, othertimes fine. No sign of water leaks ... but also seems to be no air charge in the Sureflo Accumulator. Will try that first. Any simple solution to the fridge shelf? Will also try your solution for head.

Bob V.
Seeleys Bay, Ontario, Canada

Homeport: Kingston, Ontario Go to Top of Page

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  14:06:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with John...your questions would be better in specific forums as they really are not SeaRay issues.

However...
No water flowing from the genset...have you checked to make sure your seacock is open?
Refrigerator...could be any number of issues, maybe small, maybe not.
Vac-u-flush...as you mentioned, maybe time for a re-build. Very common in most marine heads. Putting bleach in the head is not a good idea per Peggy Hall, well known "Head" mistress and expert in all issues regarding marine sanitation devices.
Water pump...most are on the loud side but agree with others...keep looking for a leak. Sounds like you have one somewhere.

Homeport: VA Go to Top of Page

jpowell

RO# 15168

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  00:18:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Water pump, undue connections between tank and pump, then redo.

Jay Powell
Sailfish 245DC
"Less Cha-Ching"

Homeport: Stevensville, MD Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 410, 415, 440 AC Topic Next Topic: wanted - Sundancer 40 - 42 2005 or newer  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com