BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: Robert Lamkin ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 Ice Maker
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bimini canvas maker Topic Next Topic: Stationary Window leak  

tip sea

RO# 31348

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  05:11:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cube tray in my ice maker evidently over fills slightly as I get an ice accumulation on the floor of the ice maker making it hard to get the bin in, and have to defrost. I tried turning back the water but now am now getting cubes with a hollow center. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do about it? It is made by Raritan.

Homeport: MD

Radioactive

RO# 3238

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  05:27:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/icemaker/L450v0407.pdf

Page 6, Item 8

Beyond that, I don't know.

Bill

"No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Bonzai
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame

Homeport: MS Gulf Coast Go to Top of Page

tip sea

RO# 31348

Posted - Aug 26 2014 :  04:46:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, regardless, there is much good info in this manual.

Homeport: MD Go to Top of Page

Radioactive

RO# 3238

Posted - Aug 26 2014 :  05:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For what it is worth, a "harvest cycle" is triggered by the ice mold thermoswitch. ie: When it detects that the cubes are frozen ( has reached a low temp ) then the harvest cycle begins. ( on most units ). Premature harvest yields hollow cubes ( curved surface plus sides frozen, top is not. When tipped out, the not-yet-frozen center gets dumped "somewhere" and the cubes hit the bin, where they freeze completely, but with a hollow center. There are other possibilities, but in my mind, a faulty ice mold sensor would be the first part I would replace.

YMMV. Good luck.

Bill

"No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Bonzai
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame

Homeport: MS Gulf Coast Go to Top of Page

reelpriority

RO# 33227

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  20:40:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had the same problem with our Rairitan Icerertte, model 85. Got lots of suggestions for fixing the problem from Rairatan Tech support. Replaced a lot of parts: water valve, tubing, timing module. Got to the point where the ice tray/mold would need to be replaced which is more complicated due to the cold plate and refrigerant
Finally, threw in the towel on the Rairatan and bought a new Isotherm ice maker. Seems that a lot of the better boat refrigeration products are being made in Italy.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

tip sea

RO# 31348

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  12:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like the ice maker has died. Did the Icertherm fit or did you have to modify?

Homeport: MD Go to Top of Page

reelpriority

RO# 33227

Posted - Jul 12 2015 :  08:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Isotherm did fit the cabinet that was originally sized for the Rairitan 85. There was a slight modification needed to accommodate the "feet" on the Isotherm. I used an oscillating tool to shave off some of the fiberglass at the bottom of the cabinet.
The Isotherm has a water line that is a plastic tube with a standard garden hose connection. I made a quick modification to the PEX piping with a Sharkbite fitting to allow for the hose connection.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Bimini canvas maker Topic Next Topic: Stationary Window leak  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com