BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 94 ]  [ Total: 98 ]  [ Newest Member: Devocean35 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Let's get going
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Going out this weekend! Topic Next Topic: Boat owners worst nightmare  

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  21:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey folks......this forum is about DOA. Hal Schell would not appreciate this old and dear forum to die a slow death. Someone must have a question, a story, a lie or some other piece of nonsense about the old swamp to keep us entertained and enlightened. I have spent almost 65 years on or near the delta and have enjoyed immensely all of your stories and comments about one of the most important places I know. Even if you have to make it up.....let's here from all you delta lovers.

DBH
"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport:

3birds

RO# 14567

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  07:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the exact same thing. Every day I look here to see if anyone posted. Seems like the good old days of the Delta are gone.
We are planning to list our 34 Tollycraft and just use our bowrider to do our boating. Day trips instead of overnighters.

Homeport: Dove Canyon CA Go to Top of Page

UpperDecker

RO# 19078

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  10:55:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't get out on the water much because I spend most of my time in Atlanta and come back to California about once a month. Since I'm not here much, I sold my big boat, but I still have a jet ski and a home in Discovery Bay. Really concerned about the health of the Delta. Been living in DB for 6 years and this is the first time I've noticed a real weed problem in my cove. Hope it's not a sign of things to come.

"You Know, A Long Time Ago Being Crazy Meant Something. Nowadays, Everybody's Crazy."
-Charles Manson

Homeport: San Mateo, CA Go to Top of Page

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  13:34:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Panties hanging from the ceiling of a rat infested barge doesn't seem to have the allure is once did.

Bruce

Homeport: Gulf Coast FL Go to Top of Page

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Sep 12 2014 :  14:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree but Moore's Riverboat did have a certain allure to it especially after a few lemonades

DBH

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Sep 12 2014 :  14:41:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never did finish counting the bills on the ceiling at al the wops

Bruce

Homeport: Gulf Coast FL Go to Top of Page

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Sep 13 2014 :  09:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took a buddy to Al's once and the bartender took a dollar from him and showed him how it was done. It looked like it took some practice to pin the bills on the ceiling so I bet my friend ten dollars he could not do it. Apparently it's easier than I though because I lost my ten dollars.

DBH

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Sep 14 2014 :  16:47:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it seems plenty of people view the forums but nobody posts. I lost my job in June of 2012; sold my boat in August. Still get up there on the asphalt sloughs from time to time. Hope to get back out on the water sooner then later. Lots of very fond memories of spending the weekends at Vieira's Resort during the Isleton Crawdad Festivals back in the '90s. Crazy times ......

PS: I miss The 'old' Point and Das Cliff Haus

Edited by - ginman on Sep 14 2014 16:48:27

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page

mudfinder

RO# 33671

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  23:15:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, I was trying to register on thia forum for what seemed like years, the regestration requests seemed to just be going into a black hole.... wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Homeport: Tower Park Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Going out this weekend! Topic Next Topic: Boat owners worst nightmare  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com