BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: CptnCrunch44 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Water Quality
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Best Boat Detailer Topic Next Topic: Fleet week  

mudfinder

RO# 33671

Posted - Sep 12 2014 :  16:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So my Tower Park neighbor was warning me about the water quality in the delta. I know it is bad at downtown Stockton, but the water seems ok where I hang out at little potato slough near the bedroom islands. He says the algae can hurt your liver.

Homeport: Tower Park

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Sep 13 2014 :  14:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was up not long ago to little slough off Frank's Tract for some fishing. We had rented a small cabin that was right on the water and we were expecting some good fishing. However, the entire slough had some kind of weed or hydrilla covering the entire bottom, raising up almost to the surface. Couldn't even fish the place due to the bottom growth. Hope that's not spreading

DBH

"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Nov 09 2014 :  15:41:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drove over the Antioch Bridge, along the river to Foster's yesterday. Have never seen so much hyacinth everywhere! There were still boats out but what a mine field it must be. Have been going to the delta since 1992. Have never seen it this bad - not even close.

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page

3birds

RO# 14567

Posted - Nov 10 2014 :  07:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We cruised down to Wimpys and to check on our boat at Walnut Grove and saw a lot floating downstream around there. There was quite a bit up against the dock in our marina.

Homeport: Dove Canyon CA Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Best Boat Detailer Topic Next Topic: Fleet week  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com