BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: Robert Lamkin ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Sea Ray Owners
 Raytheon RL80C
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sea Ray Nav Topic Next Topic: Hatch lift stopped working  

dudaduma

RO# 22921

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  08:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone replaced a Raytheon (Raymarine) RL80C display with a more modern and up to date unit? I realize there'll be additional components that will need to be replaced in order to get the full benefit of a new unit, but the form factor and placement of the RL80C will limit my choices drastically. The location on the helm where the current display is located mandates that any new unit be in portrait mode and all the new units seem to be available only in a landscape configuration.

Everything still works on the current setup, I'm just trying to do some information gathering for an upgrade when the time comes.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.
"Why do people in ship mutinies always ask for "better treatment"? I'd ask for a pinball machine, because with all that rocking back and forth you'd probably be able to get a lot of free games." Jack Handey

Homeport: Rochester Hills, MI

Salvatore356

RO# 32937

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  06:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.boatered.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=112907 This would help you.

Homeport: NJ Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Sea Ray Nav Topic Next Topic: Hatch lift stopped working  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 8.47 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com