BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 158 ]  [ Total: 162 ]  [ Newest Member: colrhino ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 Caver C40
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 380 door wall drapes Topic Next Topic: Useful Carver Factory Info For All Years/Models  

floydsfloat

RO# 31069

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  09:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curious what others think about this new model. We had a chance to check it out at the Ft. Lauderdale show. I really how they squeezed some nice livability space wise into a hull that size but had some other areas I didn't like.

Access and space in the engine compartment was limited and tight. God forbid you need to remove an engine. No option or ability for hydraulic swim platform.

Homeport: Virginia

rythmstrat

RO# 32479

Posted - Jan 09 2015 :  17:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been aboard two of these, altho not while underway...
I still sorta feel like they are slightly undersized, somehow. Altho, I am a big guy.
...Looking forward to seeing the new C43 coupe, apparently debuting at the 2015 Miami show.

Scott.
Moose Deer Point Marina
'90 Carver Santego DC 3897
2001 Seadoo LRV.

Homeport: Twelve Mile Bay, Georgian Bay, Ontario Go to Top of Page

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Jan 10 2015 :  08:50:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found a pix on the web. personally I don't like broken shear lines though I'm sure it increased interior space. I also don't like slanted front windows that create a greenhouse effect that will require heavy AC all the time.

Hard to tell about foredeck access.

Bruce

Edited by - pdecat on Jan 10 2015 10:25:16

Homeport: Gulf Coast FL Go to Top of Page

floydsfloat

RO# 31069

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  10:53:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Foredeck access isn't bad but not as easy as our Mariner. We also got a look at the Prestige 420 Fly which we liked as well.

Education NOT Legislation

Homeport: Virginia Go to Top of Page

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  11:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a cruisers model in the 90s with that forward design. It did not sell well in the resale market iirc

Bruce

Homeport: Gulf Coast FL Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 380 door wall drapes Topic Next Topic: Useful Carver Factory Info For All Years/Models  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com