BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 102 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: CptnCrunch44 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Watch out
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Hyacinth issues Topic Next Topic: Best Boat Detailer  

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  23:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's Wednesday night and I hear the delta is going to get pounded tomorrow with high winds and rain. If anyone is up there, let us know what happens. We need the rain but 60'mph winds could just as soon go elsewhere.....good luck up there all.

DBH
"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport:

manticore999

RO# 17103

Posted - Dec 11 2014 :  08:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right now (Thursday 6:30am) we're getting strong winds, but no rain yet. My boat is rocking and rolling in the slip!

I'm not afraid to die. I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it.

Homeport: Oakley, CA Go to Top of Page

jtybt15

RO# 3300

Posted - Dec 11 2014 :  11:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Strong winds is right. Gotta get down there to see if the canvass held up.

Charlie

There is much to be said, in a world like ours, for taking the world as you find it and fishing with a worm.-Bliss Perry, 1904

Homeport: Ca Go to Top of Page

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Dec 12 2014 :  15:52:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd have been a nervous wreck if I lived up there, with the storm coming, and my home was at ground level. Those old levies aren't getting any younger. Can still remember driving by Vieira's Resort back in either '97 or '98, after the storms, and it was under four feet of water. When I kept a boat at Oxbow, remember after the big storms of a few years ago, the water made it without a couple feet of the homes but never crested.

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page

speedo

RO# 14386

Posted - Dec 12 2014 :  17:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jtybt15

Strong winds is right. Gotta get down there to see if the canvass held up.

Charlie, How'd your canvas hold up?

speedo
Redding, CA

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Dec 12 2014 :  21:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to spend a lot of time at Vieira's in those days and remember the floods. The problem was their launch ramp and parking lot were almost level with the river....the only place like that on the delta I think so when the river came up the water came in. They now have steel gates that they close across the ramp when the water rises.....don't know how well that works. The water reclaims everything in time while we mortals believe we can contain it

DBH

"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

jtybt15

RO# 3300

Posted - Dec 12 2014 :  21:41:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speedo,
Canvass held up fine. Surprised me as it's at bay level on a trailer less than 100 yds from San Pablo Bay...plus it's home made. Everyone with a plastic tarp had them ripped off.

Charlie

There is much to be said, in a world like ours, for taking the world as you find it and fishing with a worm.-Bliss Perry, 1904

Homeport: Ca Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Hyacinth issues Topic Next Topic: Best Boat Detailer  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com