BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 128 ]  [ Total: 133 ]  [ Newest Member: Bumpo64 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 South Florida Boating Club
 Miami
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Easter Island Statues. Topic Next Topic: Wave Runner or Small Boat rental?  

gware2

RO# 23544

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  09:35:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it has been well discussed here before on dinning, hotels and drinks for Miami. So I want ask that you go thru that over and over. But can someone help me get to those archives so that I might re read? I remember some great discussions years back and I believe some were initiated from - ask the cap. I don't have that archive search mastered.
I normally fly and stay by airport when attending alone but this year driving with wife and that requires different approach. Want to be nearer the boat show hub. Anyhow; how do you search?

Edited by - gware2 on Jun 17 2015 07:43:50

Homeport: AR/Ok

Capt. Bill1

RO# 2017

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  21:19:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your best bet to find a place to stay would be a web search using something like Priceline or airbnb.

How lucky my will you be there and do you want to do other things besides going to the show?

Homeport: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale Go to Top of Page

gware2

RO# 23544

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  08:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am able to use normal search engines....what I was wanting to know was how EdFitz able to pull up: Was I reckless in running an inlet with bowrider and Asking guest to remove shoes. My motive is different than his in doing so...I think he he.
But there have been some informative discussion here started by others attending in years past. I was hoping to be able to pull up for re read. Capt.bill my memory has it that you,PascalG and our friend that has passed from Ft. Lauderdale were contributors of those post.
As far as other activities than show we are looking. In the past I have chartered sportfishing even though I don't fish. I am looking into ferry to Bimini as possibility. Feel free to throw any other ideas out for me and others.
EdFitz I've been around longer that you...I should know how archives here work.

Homeport: AR/Ok Go to Top of Page

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  09:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For starter you can easily search using Google like: miami site:boatered.com. That will return all posts on BoaterEd containing the key word Miami

The best area to stay for the boat show is probably Miami beach where y can find just about every thing from reasonably priced to big name resort or boutique hotels. Prices are much higher for that time frame, not just for the boat show but also because of th coconut grove art festival.

There are shuttles going back and forth between the various show locations so you could also stay in the downtown Miami area.

As to what to do, well there is so much... Shop and dine at various great locations, rent a small boat, jet ski or Hobie cat on the beach, charter any kind of boat for a day on pristine biscayne bay from a 40 sailboat to a megayacht, and much more. There are jsut two downside to that weekend, premium prices, crowds and traffic.... Wait that s three, traffic has been really bad this won't so far with increasingly large number of northern political, fiscal and weather refugees invading south Florida (Florida has recently passed NY as th 3rd most populated state) and no doubt the boat show week end is going to be bad.

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

gware2

RO# 23544

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  17:23:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks PascalG some of this and others is what I was looking for. I had it in my mind there was in house search...thanks

http://boatersed.com/forum/topicasp?TOPIC_ID=152733

http://www.boatered.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=110008

gware2

RO# 23544

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  09:49:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Floridians I'm coming but can you assure me I want hurt myself...? My brother hearing I was planning my activities told me about a hometown boy's mishap couple days ago. They were fishing 30miles off Tampa/Pete I think. While fiddling with a tuna catch a barracuda lunges and strikes him in the face causing lacerations and crushed facial bones. They had ambulance waiting their return.
I am not a fisherman so I don't know; so does this type indecent happen very often? Is this something one is normally aware of and uses preventive measures? I hear fishermen ask one another...any action today? But gee!
Seriously [fishermen] where does this stack up on the chances of provability 1 and ?

Capt. Bill1

RO# 2017

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  14:15:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most people going offshore here in Florida wear hockey goalie masks to prevent just that.

Edited by - Capt. Bill1 on Jan 25 2015 15:45:29

Homeport: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale Go to Top of Page

gware2

RO# 23544

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  16:13:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Capt if I saw helmet in fishing gear I would never have guess what it would be for. But thanks I am mindful now. I guess the only thing keeping us on our toes around here is water snakes. And we got everything imaginable for combating that.

Previous Topic: Easter Island Statues. Topic Next Topic: Wave Runner or Small Boat rental?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com