BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 101 ]  [ Newest Member: Devocean35 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Hyacinth issues
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Walnut Grove Marina Topic Next Topic: Watch out  

Arnold

RO# 12330

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  17:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read on the "Yachtsman" about the hyacinth spreading all over. Is it really so bad? I am planning my usual trip to the Delta this spring.
Arnold

Homeport: San Francisco, CA

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  16:08:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Worse than you can imagine....we were on the water this whole weekend. Put in at B&W and the entire ramp was covered with that stuff. Looked like you could walk across it. Launching was ok, even in that mess, loading the boat on the trailer was a nightmare. By the time my boat was on the trailer it looked like a Rose Bowl float. I now have an inch or two of that crap between the bottom of my boat and the trailer bunks. Not sure how I am going clean that up. We went all the way to Walnut Grove, back down to Herman and Helens (closed). Next day off to Benica and Port Costa and then to Rio Vista. All the marinas were choked with that stuff. Even the big water had it floating around. The only ramp not too bad was Vieira's which had moving water in front. But that stuff was everywhere. We still had fun. Folk told us it had been sprayed but I think it was fertilizer they used.

DBH

"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  17:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at Oxbow a few weeks ago. Not one spec of hyacinth there. Georgiana Slough was clean too. Of course once you get out on the main waterways, it's a different story.

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Walnut Grove Marina Topic Next Topic: Watch out  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com