BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 52 ]  [ Total: 55 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Cruising Guides
 Inside Passage
 No major boating for 2015
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Chatterbox Falls Topic Next Topic: Rogue  

Jgsons2

RO# 32496

Posted - Feb 07 2015 :  19:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WE are going by land in 2015. My wife wants to see Idaho and a few hot springs in 2015.
Just wait till 2016. Lord willing I will try to make a few very long trip up to B.C. One trip with my wife, one with my youngest boy and his wife, and to finish it off a trip with a old friend who is retiring that summer. All the trips will start in Port Hardy and go to who knows where from there.
With the price of fuel way down there must be people going in 2015. Let us all know where you are going and how was it.
For you new people going North get a hold of Old Salt he has a lot of info about B.C. waters.
May your keel stay wet and your seat stay dry

Homeport: Leavenworth,WA

BillV

RO# 17370

Posted - Feb 15 2015 :  10:17:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leaving June 6th for Desolation Sound, will spend 4 weeks cruising and exploring the areas. Hopefully the price of fuel will remain low.

1978 Glasply 28' mid-cabin, repowered, remodeled, rewired, rebuilt, replaced, repaired, oh well you get the picture! It's my full time job now that I'm retired.

Homeport: Lynden, WA Go to Top of Page

BillV

RO# 17370

Posted - Aug 16 2015 :  12:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a wonderful trip that was shortened to 3 weeks but enjoyed our stay in Campbell River, Gorge Harbor, Lund and Cortez Island none the less. Took my sister along and now she is hooked on cruising. Generally speaking fuel price was reasonable and the boat ran well. Caught some nice Kings at Campbell River before returning home. Favorite part was anchorage in quiet coves and enjoying the shrimp we caught. Now planning a trip to Malibu with my BIL and his wife first week of September.

1978 Glasply 28' mid-cabin, repowered, remodeled, rewired, rebuilt, replaced, repaired, oh well you get the picture! It's my full time job now that I'm retired.

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Aug 17 2015 :  01:17:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill:

...enjoyed our stay in ... Gorge Harbor (that's Harbour, Bill ... You're in Canada, eh?), ... Cortez Island (I know where Cortes Island is, Bill, and there's a nice anchorage on the West side called Gorge Harbour ...

Where did you stay in your "Favorite parts", Bill, and why doncha' poet (post) some pitchers of those "quiet coves" you enjoyed so much so we can hunt 'em up?

Did you make it to von Donop Inlet? There are 3 or 4 nice, and quite different, anchorages in there.

OS (Old_Spellcheck)

Edited by - Old_Salt on Aug 17 2015 01:21:03

Homeport: Porpoise Bay, BC Go to Top of Page

BillV

RO# 17370

Posted - Aug 18 2015 :  15:12:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, I plead completely guilty of being a poor speller, especially when the spelling is not my native tongue. I barely can handle mine yet alone another countries. Never owned a camera until I got my IPhone so pictures definitely are not my strength. We did enjoy spending time on the shores of Savary Island, anchoring on both north and south side for shore excursions. Overnighted at Refuge Cove and 2 days exploring around East and West Rodonda Islands, cruising around the north side of Raza Island and up past the east side of Sonora Island. Overnighted in a very nice cove on the west side of Sonora Island. All in all we had a great time and enjoyed the peacefulness and beauty of it all. Kind of surprising was the lack of boats cruising, was expecting to see many more then we did.

BillV

RO# 17370

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  18:26:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leaving Thursday (Sept 3) for a 6 day trip to Chatterbox Falls via Jervis Inlet. Weather looks good for the most part with a little rain and some wind at times. Hoping for a pleasant trip. Taking my BIL & his wife along. Will stop in Egmont for a visit and maybe lunch.

Edited by - BillV on Sep 01 2015 18:42:55

Previous Topic: Chatterbox Falls Topic Next Topic: Rogue  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com