BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 100 ]  [ Total: 103 ]  [ Newest Member: Devocean35 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Bayliner boats?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Boat on fire in SF Bay Topic Next Topic: Walnut Grove Marina  

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Feb 15 2015 :  16:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know what is going on with Bayliner? Have been poking around their website. No mention of Ciera or Discovery cruisers. Just sport boats and one cuddy. Can't find anything on Trophy either. Perhaps their bigger boats have gone the way of Maxum.

Homeport: Clayton, CA

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Feb 15 2015 :  17:52:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Their bigger boats are the Meridian line. I believe 34' and up.

Homeport: VA Go to Top of Page

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Feb 15 2015 :  19:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ginman,
I too can't find their Ciera, Discovery or Trophy Line, guess maybe they dumped those lines.

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

camman73

RO# 17493

Posted - Feb 15 2015 :  21:39:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They were discontinued, will be gradually coming back.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/~bayline1/index.php/forum/boat-reviews/62634-bayliner-is-back-in-cruiser-business

Keith
Lombard, IL

Homeport: Waukegan, IL Go to Top of Page

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  17:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess with all the boat companies that Brunswick has purchased, no need any more to have multiple platforms covered by Bayliner. Always thought Trophy was a big seller.

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page

sierra

RO# 28541

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  19:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cwms

Their bigger boats are the Meridian line. I believe 34' and up.

For many years Meridians were known as re-badged Bayliners and despite what has been reality for some time it is still a common misconception. While the original Meridians built in Washington state shared molds with certain Bayliner models, this hasn't been the case for many years. Meridian's modern lineup, which has been in production as it presently exists for more than six years, has no connection to Bayliner separate from also falling under the Brunswick umbrella. All Meridian Sedans have been manufactured on the Sea Ray production lines in Palm Coast since the 2010 model year except for the discontinued 541 which was manufactured on the Sea Ray line at the Merritt Island facility.

Homeport: East Coast, USA Go to Top of Page

JHS3750

RO# 17717

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  21:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A quick glance would lead you to believe they are from the same line.
Seems most Meridians look like an update or upgrade of an identifiable Bayliner?

Homeport: Nashville & Ft. Myers Go to Top of Page

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  13:30:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd guess Meridian still uses some of the molds/parts from the Bayliner boats since they are both owned by Brunswick. Years ago, I noticed that Wellcraft and Larson express cruisers (both owned by Genmar at the time) had to have been exchanging platforms. Exact replicas of defunct Wellcraft boats were turning up as Larsons.

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  15:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a big fan of the Bayliner 2859 with the Alaskan enclosure.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Homeport: Tuckerton, N.J. Go to Top of Page

sierra

RO# 28541

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  15:17:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Meridian plant in Washington closed in 2008 and that's where the story ends of Bayliner's direct connection to Meridian outside of falling under the same corporate umbrella. That's where the Meridian pilothouse models were built using the Bayliner molds and none have been built since.

Homeport: East Coast, USA Go to Top of Page

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  18:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 24ft Trophy hardtop that has never failed in the 20 years I have owned her. Never ever hiccuped....always brought me home. She takes big water well in Santa Cruz as well as Baja .....we spend much our time in the delta.. I know Bayliner skimps on trim...upholstry, cleats, pumps etc but her hull cannot be beat and the 5.7 GM engine and the Mercruiser Alpha One outdrive are hard to beat. I always tell folks that if I had to make my day to day living on a boat, it may not be a Bayliner but for me she has been spectacular. Still looks damn good too.

DBH

"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport: Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Boat on fire in SF Bay Topic Next Topic: Walnut Grove Marina  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com