BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: nancyeliza ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 New England Cruising Club
 Ct River Ice is out.....
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Detailer servicing RI? Topic Next Topic: Nantucket  

mx8

RO# 24359

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  10:14:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
....I can uncross my fingers now, pilings are all still in, a bit scarred up but in, saw a lot, (like hundreds) lifted out at the marinas up and down the river. It`s gonna be a busy spring for the pile driving barges...

Homeport: Haddam Ct

chriscraft67

RO# 12563

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  18:00:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm farther up the river in Portland. Some spiles were pulled out but given the conditions, that's not surprising.

Now we're hoping for a continuation of the nice, slow melt we're experiencing now. That will keep the river perhaps high but not at flood level through late April.

Bill

Homeport: Norwich, CT Go to Top of Page

JoeBalt

RO# 12416

Posted - Mar 18 2015 :  12:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was down at dauntless marina in Essex this past weekend...many pilings pulled up and/or leaning, entire cove was still iced over...will take some work to get them all back in place.

2011 Regal 42SC
Ruff'N It 4

Previous
2008 FW V358
2006 FW V318
2004 FW V288

Homeport: Essex, CT Go to Top of Page

Rick D

RO# 32381

Posted - Mar 18 2015 :  18:42:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Riverside Basin, where we keep ours is one of the few marinas in the area that had no damage whatsoever. They spent several hours everyday, weekends included driving a very tall steel tug around the pilings smashing the ice so it could not damage them. Since that's one of their side jobs (installing pilings) they will be busy this spring.

1997 Larson Cabrio 310

Homeport: Guilford, CT Go to Top of Page

mx8

RO# 24359

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  18:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chriscraft67

I'm farther up the river in Portland. Some spiles were pulled out but given the conditions, that's not surprising.

Now we're hoping for a continuation of the nice, slow melt we're experiencing now. That will keep the river perhaps high but not at flood level through late April.

Bill

I agree, if its up over the beach when the boats start coming down I get a lot of erosion from the wakes, hopefully New England is melted and drained by then.

Homeport: Haddam Ct Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Detailer servicing RI? Topic Next Topic: Nantucket  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.3 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com