BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 151 ]  [ Total: 156 ]  [ Newest Member: SmokinCigarettes ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Sea Ray Owners
 Anchor suggestions for 420 DA
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 2003 or 2004 SeaRay 450 Express Bridge Topic Next Topic: Sea Ray Nav  

BVasily

RO# 18136

Posted - Mar 22 2015 :  08:36:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking at changing up my stock anchor (35lb gal plow) which has held ok but seems small for a 25K lb boat ... for a 72 lb Rocna Vulcan.
Any advice or other suggestions. Boating is in the Thousand Islands and shores of lake Ontario. Pretty much every kind of anchorage you will find. I keep a second 35lb Danforth aft anchor that I use in many tight anchorage circumstances.
Bob V.
Seeleys Bay, Ontario, Canada

Homeport: Kingston, Ontario

Robski97

RO# 7334

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  16:42:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have ur Boat. I have no problems with the stock anchor . I can tell u I had had on many occasions A silverton 45 C , another 44 DA , a 410 EC and a 36 dancer all off my anchor for overnites and she never slipped once. ( mind u all of these boats at once ) lots of scope and she wont let u down.

Its not uncommon for wind to change and we end up 180 degress the other direction. Ill look and see the weight and my anchor .

Rob

2006 44 Sundancer

Homeport: Merrick, NY Go to Top of Page

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  17:01:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That new anchor will certainly stop the earth from spinning.

Bruce

Homeport: Gulf Coast FL Go to Top of Page

Robski97

RO# 7334

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  18:02:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
: O

Rob

2006 44 Sundancer

Homeport: Merrick, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 2003 or 2004 SeaRay 450 Express Bridge Topic Next Topic: Sea Ray Nav  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com