BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 12 | Guests: 87 ]  [ Total: 99 ]  [ Newest Member: cepaul ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 New England Cruising Club
 Beached boat , napatree beach
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Heading to Newburyport MA... Topic Next Topic: Seatow or Boat US  

mx8

RO# 24359

Posted - Jul 31 2015 :  19:36:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks to be a 40 ft- ish express high and dry. Pretty trashed and stripped. Anybody know the story?

Homeport: Haddam Ct

mx8

RO# 24359

Posted - Aug 07 2015 :  09:30:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got some info from a relative down there, I guess a couple guys bought it in Warwick R.I to take to Block Island to live on for a while. Story has it they got lost...I`d say so...they did a big U-turn. He said it looked like they drove it strait onto the beach.

Homeport: Haddam Ct Go to Top of Page

JoeBalt

RO# 12416

Posted - Aug 07 2015 :  10:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have seen boats not judge tide and swing in the bay there end up on the beach, but this sounds more like a blatant FUP. took this pic a couple years ago through my image stabilized binocs...they had to wait awhile for the tide to get free...Nice Formula!

2011 Regal 42SC
Ruff'N It 4

Previous
2008 FW V358
2006 FW V318
2004 FW V288

Edited by - JoeBalt on Nov 03 2015 10:59:31

Homeport: Essex, CT Go to Top of Page

mx8

RO# 24359

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  15:06:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess towing it off or getting equipment out there proved too difficult to attempt. Word is they (Im not sure who "they" are) burned it down today. Be interesting if it was a salvage outfit, ....dogs arent allowed on the beach so as not to disturb wildlife but boat burning is o.k.,...

Homeport: Haddam Ct Go to Top of Page

KenK

RO# 7602

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  09:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just read an article in the Westerlysun that said "The cause of the fire is considered suspicious, officials said. Westerly police are investigating, officials said, and both the United States Coast Guard and Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management were notified."

Homeport: Haddam CT Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Heading to Newburyport MA... Topic Next Topic: Seatow or Boat US  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.56 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com