BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 101 ]  [ Total: 104 ]  [ Newest Member: Devocean35 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Water condition
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Info on the Delta Topic Next Topic: Trailer park fire in the Delta  

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  19:18:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was up on the old swamp a couple months ago and all the marinas were choked with water hyasenth( I cannot spell that word) ...green lettuce looking stuff anyway. Launching was not too bad but retrieving the boat was a disaster. It was that way in all the places that were not on swift water. What's it look like now....we are on our way back.

DBH
"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport:

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  13:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The forums are really rocking these days. I've been a land lubber since 2012, but still run around 'swamp on the asphalt sloughs. The main water ways are fine, though some hyacinth is still floating around. There does tend to be a bit more on the dead end, off the beaten path waterways and marinas. Not as bad as it used to be. Perhaps call ahead to double check if launching from a specific marina. I have heard the water quality is not very good now due to the drought. No rains to flush out the old water so it all has become stagnant. Also heard the powers that be were thinking of emptying most of what's left of Lake Folsom to flush out the delta. Sounds like they are waiting on that in hoping that a big el nino is right around the corner.

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Info on the Delta Topic Next Topic: Trailer park fire in the Delta  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com