BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
Save Password

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 9 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: subsonic ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 New England Cruising Club
 Seatow or Boat US
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Beached boat , napatree beach Topic Next Topic: Weekend Destination  

RO# 13088

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  08:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in the process of buying a boat that will be used primarily in the Narragansett Bay and out to the Islands. Moved to RI 5 years ago. Previously boated in the Chesapeake, this will be my first time boating in the RI/CT/MA area. Hoping I never need a tow but want to be sure I am with the right company if I do. It looks like Boat US is $20 cheaper. Has anyone had any experience with either of these companies? Any strong opinions on which is better?
Back Cove 29

Homeport: Bristol, RI

RO# 31163

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  08:54:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ask some local boaters. Both can be very good or very bad, depending on that particular franchisee and it's location relative to you and where you spend the majority of your boating time.

Having been a Sea Tow Captain, naturally, I prefer Sea Tow because of my familiarity with the company and how it's managed.

But, as I said, I'd talk to some local boaters and get their experience in that particular area.

Key West 196 Bay Reef, 150 Yamaha
USCG 50 Ton MMC, Tow Assist Endorsement
SSI Certified Instructor Level 1

Homeport: Palm Coast, FL Go to Top of Page

RO# 33821

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  10:31:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BoatUS membership comes with a cool magazine. But seriously, it doesn't matter that much.

Homeport: Raystown, PA Go to Top of Page

RO# 12527

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  10:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have unfortunately had to use BoatUs numerous times in the past few years in CT and NY, they are really awesome people, last time I threw a connecting rod through my oil tank, he towed me to my slip in Norwalk but I had to get the boat to L.I. 18 miles away. After talking to the dispatch guy (Tony) I got a free tow to L.I., now that could have been quite expencive! I will always use BoatUS!

Homeport: Babylon,NY Go to Top of Page

RO# 13088

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  14:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the feedback.

Back Cove 29

Homeport: Bristol, RI Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Beached boat , napatree beach Topic Next Topic: Weekend Destination  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice