BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 79 ]  [ Total: 82 ]  [ Newest Member: Heckjo ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 South Florida Boating Club
 Finally some work on Footloose's vessel
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dolphins off Boca Topic Next Topic: SFBC - Shall we try to get together this summer?  

footloose

RO# 6963

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  09:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Put the on the hard 3 weeks ago for a much overdue bottom job and some mechanical work on the arnesons, tabs, etc.

My 80-plus year old Dad has been amazing, helping out 6-8 hours a day on weekends and a few days I was able to sneak away from work.

Mind you WE are not painting the bottom or scraping - the yard is....all we are doing is changing drive gear oil, zincs, hydraulic hoses,tab indicators, trim pumps, refreshing drive shafts, and some cosmetics - new boot stripes, fixing all the dock impact damage from people who do not know what NO WAKE means (despite quad heavy duty whips and fenders)and banging her into the dock and pilings.

Everything that could go wrong did - bloody knuckles, aching knees, 300 trips up the ladder, 200 trips in and out of the engine room, and no less than 50 visits to hardware stores....we are ready to splash this weekend.

Wish us luck getting her home and pray the boating gods cut us some slack next 6 months - we could use a rest from mechanicals/fiberglass/and paint for a while.

Frosty Point Ice Cream Parlor in LHP is running as so is the Harley.

Homeport: Florida

jtybt15

RO# 3300

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  14:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's good to see that your dad is still helping you. It's probably the best thing that's keeping him active. I'd say that alone has been worth all the problems with the Harley. Doesn't even matter that she's running in trawler mode. How's his interest in fishing .

Charlie

There is much to be said, in a world like ours, for taking the world as you find it and fishing with a worm.-Bliss Perry, 1904

Homeport: Ca Go to Top of Page

footloose

RO# 6963

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  17:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks - yeah we like to throw balihoo in the water and then have beers and wine while we hope they dont bug us and ruin a nice boat ride - LOL

The Harley is actually no longer a trawler as we repaired the drive RAMs that raise and lower the arneson drives and let us get up on plane....I'll change my signature - appreciate the reminder.

Foot

Homeport: Florida Go to Top of Page

footloose

RO# 6963

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  10:03:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She home - took ICWW to get home as the ocean was torn up this week.

Ran well - not much time on plane - but stayed together. Still want to add a few larger oil coolers to keep the oil temps down a bit more.

New Red stripes look good and now I need to keep up the momentum, do all the above the water line fixes that are overdue and yank out the genny for a refresh. She is super dirty from marina but should take care of that day after Xmas.

Merry Christmas all!

WALSHIE

RO# 2124

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  11:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas!!! One of the more interesting boat projects on BE...thanks for the posts...more pics please.

Favorite Quote: Don't sweat the petty things...AND...Don't pet the sweaty things!! - Steven Tyler

Homeport: Hudson River Go to Top of Page

footloose

RO# 6963

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  16:20:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took EVERYTHING out of the Lizard to clean her well in and out - amazing how much crap accumulates in a boat. Everything from life preservers to safety gear to dishes cam out for a scrubbing and return.

Topped off all fluids, tightened all belts, refreshed filters, and even cleaned out the raw water intake baskets - rare!

Now putting everything back and hopefully do some cruising this week. Wish me luck folks and Happy New Year to ALL!

Previous Topic: Dolphins off Boca Topic Next Topic: SFBC - Shall we try to get together this summer?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com