BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 107 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 CARVER 355 1998 SWIM PLATFORM INFO REQUEST
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Folding Salon Table, 3207 from the 80s Topic Next Topic: Carver owners count off  

ellshu

RO# 33902

Posted - Dec 30 2015 :  15:25:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just acquired a Carver 355 1998, however it is closed up for the winter as are all the boats in this area. Perhaps an owner in a more southern climate can get me some of this information.

I need measurements of the swim platform.

Front to back, (the depth), side to side , from the right side edge of the spiral STAIRCASE , all the way to starboard inside edge.

On the swim platform, in the case of those of you with boats that have the storage dockbox on board, what is the height of the top of the box, and at what height is the top of the window. Also , how far is it set back from the edge of the platform

I am giving up using the flip up style davits as I do not want to continuously remove my now heavier engine on a soft bottom dinghy, so I am looking to put on Hurley Davits, which maintains the boat in a flat position , ready to go, with everything in it.

In addition to this, I have a SURFJET, a motorized surfboard, which I would like to put either on the deck in place of the deckbox, or on a cradle resting just above the aft window , immediately to the right of the stairs. I will assemble a hoist for lifting this.

Also, just above the emblem to the right of the handrail, what is the height of the opening to the rear upperdeck below the plastic in the photo. I will need access to stanchions for securing my items.
Thanks to anyone who may be able to assist me. It is about to be a long winter.

i WOULD ADD THE 3 PHOTOS OF WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO IF I KNEW HOW TO INCLUDE THEM.
Elliott Jonah Shuchat

Homeport: Quebec

32carv

RO# 24150

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  07:19:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Need to pay $20 and become a member to post pics. Can marina install access door in shrink wrap so you can get at your swim platform to measure? Good luck with boat.
Jim

Homeport: Sacandaga Lake Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Folding Salon Table, 3207 from the 80s Topic Next Topic: Carver owners count off  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com