BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 102 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: Devocean35 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Who are we
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Spring boat show Topic Next Topic: New year  

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  21:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This website has, it states, four members. I would like to know who you are......all four of us. Hal Schell would be sad about this. I guess times are a changing.......not me. I will hang in until I am the last and then I will post messages to myself. I love the old swamp

DBH
"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport:

3birds

RO# 14567

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  09:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see 28 people have read your post but no answers. What kind of info you looking for?

Homeport: Dove Canyon CA Go to Top of Page

jtybt15

RO# 3300

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  12:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The delta scares me. I'd get lost or smack a half submerged piling or snag. Either that or get hit by some drunk in his speed boat. I like the ocean where it's nice and safe.

Charlie

There is much to be said, in a world like ours, for taking the world as you find it and fishing with a worm.-Bliss Perry, 1904

Homeport: Ca Go to Top of Page

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  16:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just curious as to who we four are. I grew up as a toddler fishing with parents at Helen & Hermans . I now reside in Fresno but bring my boat up every time I can get away. I was not seeking any information about anyone other than what their tie to the delta is. I always see website names and know there interesting folks behind those odd Internet handles

DBH

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

jtybt15

RO# 3300

Posted - Jan 26 2016 :  03:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure what 4 you're referring. I'm sure they'll show up sooner or later. My father used to take me to franks tract just so he could catch 3 more stripers. That was in the 50's.

There was a time, a few years back, that I was the only RO on the west coast. I don't feel so lonely anymore.

Charlie

There is much to be said, in a world like ours, for taking the world as you find it and fishing with a worm.-Bliss Perry, 1904

Homeport: Ca Go to Top of Page

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Jan 27 2016 :  13:17:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been hanging out in the delta since 1992; though not so much any more since having to sell my boat in 2012. Still remember the first time up there. I lived in Marin at the time. We went up there right after the 4th of July. We were cruising through a weird little town called Isleton. Saw some signs - we were like, "What the heck is a Crawdad Festival?". We finished the afternoon at Das Cliff Haus (those steamed oysters!!!). Unfortunately, both are long gone. Ever since that first trip, for many years, couldn't get enough of the place. I guess times change. I get up to The Point, Fosters and some of the other establishments on occasion. Still would like to get back on the water.

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page

Flutterby

RO# 14378

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  16:23:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys! This is a voice from the past...... remember me??? It is fun to see names that I still remember and things about old times when I had my boat. Times do change.....some for the better, some not. Charlie fixed up my boat and turned it over to my son who towed and barged it up to Nome Alaska were it has lived ever since. The first 2 seasons of a TV show about gold dredges in the Baring Sea, he and the boat were hired to take the underwater photographers out to film. Once in a while I would see her tied up at the dock on the TV show.....

Now to my question: Someone I know is considering buying a 34' boat which needs to be hauled and bottom painted among other cosmetic work. What boat yard in the Stockton area would you recommend? Also, is the canvas guy at Tower Park still in business? I forget his name?????

Thanks!!!!!

Homeport: California Sierras/Gold Country Go to Top of Page

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  22:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to hear from you.......you are one of the originals on this site. ,I have no answer for your question but I am sure glad to hear from you. Hope you are well . This old swamp is not the same without you.

DBH

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  13:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't help with the haul out. Perhaps check the Delta Chambers website. Yeah, the canvas shop is still at Tower Park. Here is the website.

http://westcoastcanvas.com/

Flutterby

RO# 14378

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  19:51:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi DBH and ginman!!!

Ya, I'm still alive and well. I do enjoy my new life, but still miss the Delta and boating.... I spend time on facebook these days. I see Al's pictures of fishing which I enjoy. Retirement seems to be going well for him!

Ah, yes----west coat canvas!!! I just could not remember the name of it, one of my new issues of being in my 70s :( Well, it turns out my friend has decided he better get his taxes finish to see how much he'll owe Uncle Sam Obummmer before he makes any financial decisions, so a boat is on the back burner. I think he woke from his dream of an older boat for a few bucks when I started talking about getting it surveyed and insured..... good ole reality.

Take care and enjoy a safe and sane boating season!
Fond memories, Liz
M/V Flutterby

carver 2557

RO# 11591

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  22:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who is this Flutterby?.

RWS

RO# 25075

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  06:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carver 2557

Who is this Flutterby?.

===========================================

I believe it is LIZ

if memory serves.......

RWS

1983 Trojan International 10 Meter
Twin Yanmar 315 Turbodiesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

Homeport: FL Go to Top of Page

yzer

RO# 14523

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  07:41:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw hello. Arggh. I'm still around, despite all reports to the contrary. Geez. Pull anchor, kick off the weed. She-it. Wussies!

yzer

RO# 14523

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  08:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never mind if you can't reach me. I need a couple of weeks to straighten things out. I will have the same old handle and avatar. If not, I'm gone. Peace, dudes. And be careful of the delta bars (they aren't all under water).

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  18:16:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the classic boat.....looks like it is well maintained. Can you tell us something about it

DBH

Flutterby

RO# 14378

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  03:26:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup Flutterby is Liz. I had my boat in the Delta at Bethel Island for 25 yrs....... I had to retire from boating 5 yrs ago.

speedo

RO# 14386

Posted - Feb 13 2016 :  11:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flutterby

Yup Flutterby is Liz. I had my boat in the Delta at Bethel Island for 25 yrs....... I had to retire from boating 5 yrs ago.

Hi Liz, great to hear from you! It's been a long time.

And look who else showed up: Yzer! (Dan, isn't it?)

Nice to see some old friends are still lurking about.

Reporting in from the way north headwaters of the Delta! <G>

speedo
Redding, CA

3birds

RO# 14567

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  09:08:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Speedo, if El Nino continues, you may have a full lake again. We've only been there one time and it was 2 years ago. We are thinking of bringing our travel trailer and boat up for a week this coming summer.
We no longer keep a big boat in the water and now just have a 22' Cobalt bowrider to ply the various waterways. The Delta is still our favorite.

Homeport: Dove Canyon CA Go to Top of Page

speedo

RO# 14386

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  12:14:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 3birds

Hey Speedo, if El Nino continues, you may have a full lake again. We've only been there one time and it was 2 years ago. We are thinking of bringing our travel trailer and boat up for a week this coming summer.
We no longer keep a big boat in the water and now just have a 22' Cobalt bowrider to ply the various waterways. The Delta is still our favorite.

Three full lakes: Oroville, Shasta and Whiskeytown. I currently split my time between Chico and Redding.

speedo
Redding, CA

manticore999

RO# 17103

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  12:16:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I discovered boating relatively late in life. Bought our first boat in 2004. We got a 19' runabout thinking we weren't sure if we would really like it or not. We moved up quickly to a 27' express, then a 34' cruiser and now live on our 47' aft-cabin Atlantic. I guess we liked it!

I'm not afraid to die. I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it.

Homeport: Oakley, CA Go to Top of Page

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  22:16:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boats will do that to you.......they also can cause divorces

DBH

Arnold

RO# 12330

Posted - Mar 11 2016 :  13:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had lunch at "The point" and everything was great. Just like the old days.

Arnold

Homeport: San Francisco, CA Go to Top of Page

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Mar 13 2016 :  15:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried to go to The Point a couple weeks ago but the traffic holdup due to construction on the Three Mile Slough bridge on 160 was so bad, I turned around and went home. I understand the work has been completed. Maybe next weekend when it dries out a bit and warms up.

Previous Topic: Spring boat show Topic Next Topic: New year  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.44 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com