BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 149 ]  [ Total: 153 ]  [ Newest Member: gtex50 ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.
 SmartCraft replacement for Cummins
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Mercruiser Service Manuals, Engines/Drives Topic Next Topic: Kohler Generator 9EOZD Wont Start  

folieadeux

RO# 27326

Posted - Jan 25 2016 :  09:22:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My boat has twin diesel Cummins 380QSB powerplants with the Mercury SmartCraft system that feeds all the engine and fuel data to the helm.

Since September the SmartCraft system has generated a "no engine communication" error message. I had a Cummins tech on the boat first and he confirmed that all the Cummins components were functioning properly and that it was a SmartCraft issuse that had to be addressed by Mercury/SmartCraft.

The local Mercury/SmartCraft dealer spent hours on the boat trouble shooting and had to call in a Regional Factory Tech to troubleshoot. Regional Tech determined that the SIMS on both engines are bad so I am headed back to Cummins to have the SIMS units tested.

I have been communicating with several techs at the Boat Diesel site and their suggestion is to dump the entire SmartCraft system and install another system.

Just curious if any BE members have experienced SmartCraft issues to the point where you changed to another data system. Any feedback or suggestions on replacements systems wold be appreciated.
Neal and Barbara
Savannah,GA
"Olive or Twist" 2006 Meridian 391 T-Cummins 380QSB, Onan 9K

Homeport: Savannah.GA
  Previous Topic: Mercruiser Service Manuals, Engines/Drives Topic Next Topic: Kohler Generator 9EOZD Wont Start  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com