BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 85 ]  [ Total: 85 ]  [ Newest Member: luna sea ]
 All Forums
 Cruising Guides
 Inside Passage
 Boating 2016
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: HELLO, Anybody on the IP?  

Jgsons2

RO# 32496

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  15:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To all of you out there howdy. I will be going to Port Hardy for the whole and I do mean the whole month of July.
I have the first to the 9th with my brother and a friend from church. We plan on staying close to PH to fish for bottom fish and salmon.
The 9t to the 16th my fishing buddy from way back will come up to do some more fish and sight seeing. We will go a little farther from PH.
On the 16th my GREAT WIFE will come up till the end of the month. The main place she wants to go is Ocean Falls. From there who knows.
I added a few new thing to the boat this year. Satellite phone, fish finder in the back, a easy way of putting a tarp up in the back and a new dingy with a aluminum bottom.
Yes I will put up photos when I get back Old Salt.
If anyone is up there at that time give me a call. The Boat is a 28 ft North River with the name of 401-K
May your keel stay wet and your seat stay dry

Homeport: Leavenworth,WA

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Feb 18 2016 :  13:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jgsons2:

" I will be going to Port Hardy for the whole ... month of July."

Are you planning to drive up the Island Hiway, or go by water in 401-K? Can you do the drive in 1 day, when you're hauling the boat?

Ocean Falls is a nice visit, (and a good place to tank up on fresh water)and there are some nice anchorages on the main route, or just off it, if you're fishing on the way up and/or on the way back to Port Hardy. I can give you my list of favorites, if you want it.

Have a great trip, and "YES!!", please post the pics when you get back.

OS

Homeport: Porpoise Bay, BC Go to Top of Page

Jgsons2

RO# 32496

Posted - Feb 20 2016 :  11:48:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We will be trailering up this time. From my place to Port Hardy is 12 hrs and that includes the ferry ride. We stop at a rest stop north of Campbell River to give us and the dog a break.
This is our 4th time to Ocean Falls. 3 times from PH and one time from Bella Coola.
My wife says she want to go around King Island like I did with my uncle in 2014.
I will take any info you have to give any time.
We will be staying at Clam Cove on Nigei island from the 3rd till the 8th. If you are near give us a call.

May your keel stay wet and your seat stay dry

Homeport: Leavenworth,WA Go to Top of Page

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Jun 22 2016 :  12:45:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jgsons2:
July is not far off, my boating friend!

Hope all is well for your scheduled getaway to Central B.C.

If you satisfy your GREAT WIFE's requirement for a trip to Ocean Falls, you could take a one day trip and an overnight at anchor in Elcho Harbour. It is a special place. Just a little further east, you could take a day trip into Cascade Inlet, and count all the waterfalls on the shoreline.

Have a great boating summer.

OS

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  13:55:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One whole year has passed since the post "Boating 2016" was last responded to.
No entries have been made in the boating forum's "Inside Passage" (which covers a very beautiful, wonderful, and challenging boating area).
I have sold Stalwyn, and my "boating future" will consist of kayaking for part of a "good weather day", in a B.C. location that can be reached in my pickup.
So ... please keep me posted on your "real boating experiences".

OS

Topic Next Topic: HELLO, Anybody on the IP?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com